• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Vibes needed for Gus (update he's gone)

Gus-ta-furry

Warren Scout
Massive vibes needed for Gus , he went in to stasis and is completely lifeless, is on a drip and vet has said he's 50-50 to survive at best , apparently his veins would barely take the drip , we're so worried this time

Last edited:
Oh poor Gus :cry:. Sending massive healing vibes. But take heart - Pea had very severe bloat and my vet thought she would not make it through the night. She's still here, large as life :D so a complete turnaround IS possible.

He just passed , went quickly , went into convulsion , we will miss you so much little man , you gave us both SO much love it's untrue, binky free at the bridge

thank you all for your kind words,

we are absolutely heartbroken and amazed at the level of grief and trauma we feel.

he had a dental for an absess and a tooth removed 3-4 weeks ago and seemed to be recovering well, binkying lots for the first time this year

He stopped eating Wednesday in the morning (4th time this year) each time previously he had picked up eating and recovered fine without much vet intervention

rather than rush him to the vets my girlfriend booked a vets appointment for 5pm, i went to check on him at 12 on my lunch and he seemed a bit lifeless and when i picked him up he just left me, (think i was in shock and thinking that previously he had recovered from similar situations)
my girlfriend checked at 1pm and he was the same, she finished early and rushed him to the vets at 3pm where he had IV and oxygen until 6pm when the vets closed, his veins had collapsed and he was dehydrated so fluids went under the skin rather than into a vein

we then rushed him to the emergency vets and when they got a drip into him he had a seizure and died before the vets could give him anti convulsion treatment

I feel so guilty and upset with the way he passed, he was our life and soul around the flat and everything reminds us of him.

We
chose not to go with the post mortem, as it was £150 (and vet bills for the day were £450+270 hopefully covered by insurance)

i'm worried now that i was handling raw pork the day before and although i washed my hands well afterwards, fed him soon after.

I think most likely was that he had continued bacteria/infection from the absess/weakness left over that didn't show.

What was most heartbreaking for me was that at 12pm when he was lifeless and floppy he wouldn't look me in the eyes and turned around like he wanted to die and felt like i had given up on him, im scared he was in pain all night (and went through trauma in his last day)

also hate to think of the pain he might have been through in all the vet treatment in the last 4 months

we have always done everything for him otherwise and the love and bond both ways was so strong

We know there will never be another like him and are trying to concentrate on not allowing ourselves to compare little Chelseabun too him, or let our grief mean we over mollycoddle/neglect her

am collecting pictures, videos and songs to do a memorial video for him which i will post up in rainbow Bridge when finished

just wanted to say a massive thank you to you all as you gave us the direction to give him an immensley happy two years and without your advice we would never have given him the support and love a rabbit deserves and would probably never have seen how much happiness, joy and love he had to give x

Back