• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Occasional sneezing

Depends what you mean by occasional?

Dust or fur up the nose, foreign body, allergy, latent infection, irritation by tooth root :wave:

Dust I think.
Loki does that, he has since I got him. I queried with the vet when he had his jab and the vet gave him a once over and asked me whether or not I thought it was pasturella. I said no and explained why; he'd been sneezing for a few weeks now, no other symptoms, bright and happy within himself and that it was worse whilst he eats hay :lol: we agreed that it was prob just dust and she stuck a needle in him. So I'm not going to let myself worry :love::love::love:

Is it a recent thing in which case I would watch for runny nose etc starting. If it's been a while then it may well be dust.

I noticed Mr Bennett has the odd sneeze when I returned. He had a few in a row yesterday after he stuck his nose in a shoe box I use to protect a cable. I noticed later it had clumps of dust balls in there.

OH said he did notice him sneeze now and again, in the last 4 months.

He has been seen at the vets for various things, had a dental, was unwell for a week - we still don't know why. But he was monitered for 4 days there.

I noticed when I clean the hutch out he is worse. He seems to stick his nose right in there.

Haven't heard one today.

This sounds like Boris, took him to the vets and got him checked over as he was also due to be neutered, and he has an allergy.

This sounds like Boris, took him to the vets and got him checked over as he was also due to be neutered, and he has an allergy.

My two are due to go to the vets tomorrow for their jabs, although may have to change to next week if OH can't get time off. I will mention it then.

Back