• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Grown grass/herbs from seed? Post your photos and pot ideas!

rescue buns

Warren Scout
Thought it would be nice to start a thread for everybody to showcase their achievements growing grass and/or other herbs.:) Maybe inspire others to grow their own.
So if anybody has any photos please share. For example, photos of :
-Before/After seed growing. Maybe include how long it took to grow.
-Pot/container/location ideas.
-Your inventive ideas of how to stop buns noming it down to nothing:lol:
-YOUR BUNS ENJOYING IT!!!!

Share tips or tell us what you have found easy/hard to grow.
What do your buns enjoy best out of everything you have grown?
Happy sharing. I look forward to hearing your success:thumb: and failure stories:roll: :lol:

The wooden planter made with my own fair hands. Herb seeds only planted about a week ago and are just starting to come through. I also grow grass and dandelions for the buns.

001-10.jpg

The wooden planter made with my own fair hands. Herb seeds only planted about a week ago and are just starting to come through. I also grow grass and dandelions for the buns.

001-10.jpg

I love the wooden planter:thumb: How did you make it? Is that decking board?

Am interested in this thread. Which type of herbs are easiest to grow? I am a total dimwit when it comes to gardening. I have thought about growing things for the buns though in pots in the garden. any recommendations what to try?

Thanks

Jo

Ive found rocket really easy to grow this year. Got some in pots and some in a bed.

I love the wooden planter:thumb: How did you make it? Is that decking board?

yes decking board, was on special at B&Q so cost me about £5 to make.

Most herbs are pretty easy to grow, though my thyme never really comes away properly. I've also got a bag of mixed herbs for the buns and spinach and rocket in a raised bed. Salad type leaves are dead easy to grow

Am interested in this thread. Which type of herbs are easiest to grow? I am a total dimwit when it comes to gardening. I have thought about growing things for the buns though in pots in the garden. any recommendations what to try?

Thanks

Jo

If you want a very easy but slightly more foolproof way of herb growing try the herb plants all biggish supermarkets sell. My basil is growing happily and it's about a month old, I didn't have to buy pots or soil and had instant herbs. When I'm not in rented I want to start growing properly but my lil basil is keeping me and the buns going for now:D

Back