• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Science Select - anyone know where there is some on Offer?

parsnipbun

Wise Old Thumper
Got my last few lots half price at Monster Pet (or whatever they are called) . . but now back to full price there:shock:

Anyone know where its on offer now? We are down to our last 10kilos so its urgent:shock::shock::shock:

PS There arent any large wholesalers round here so it is likely to be an on-line place.

Its RRP is about £21 - but usually there are some great special offers around on either the 10 kilo or 5 kilo bags - its been half price on and off at various places for months now.

We get through a LOT - about 10 kilos a week - so really dont want to pay anywhere near full price.

I haven't seen any on offer for a while, I often get it from vetuk - the 5kg and 3kg bags work out cheaper over 10kg than the 10kg sack though! At the moment it's £8.47 for 5kg.

I haven't seen any on offer for a while, I often get it from vetuk - the 5kg and 3kg bags work out cheaper over 10kg than the 10kg sack though! At the moment it's £8.47 for 5kg.

hi:wave::wave:

nice to meet today:wave::wave:

Best I could find at present was Feedem 5kg bags with free postage for buying over a certain number but less than a certain weight :lol: - so bought x6 5kg which worked out at £16 for each 10kg . . .

if find nothing better will buy another 6 from them . .

I find its often cheaper to get 5kgs as well! and also with my present back problems its easier to lift than the 10kg:)

But Monster were doing loads literally half price for the last few months - they must have run out .

:wave: Nice to meet you too!

SS have in the past few months changed the fibre content of their food so I suspect that many of the bargain sales in recent times have been retailers getting rid of their old stock. The pessimist in me thinks that there won't be such good deals around for a little while now :(

:wave: Nice to meet you too!

SS have in the past few months changed the fibre content of their food so I suspect that many of the bargain sales in recent times have been retailers getting rid of their old stock. The pessimist in me thinks that there won't be such good deals around for a little while now :(

ah well - I forecast a bunny diet regime for summer then :lol::lol:

Best I could see for the 10kg sacks was £15.99

http://www.ukpetsupplies.com/product.php/155/0

I have finally taken the decision to move entirely onto Rabbit Royale. It has taken ages to decide but the price hike made it easir. Rum and Raisin have finally put weight on using it which is great, they don't selective feed and given the price difference it suits me fine!:lol: I have been through sackfuls of SS and Oxbow 15/23 before trying the RR. It was the only one which actually made a difference to them. It's more complicated than feeding the kids!:lol:

ah well - I forecast a bunny diet regime for summer then :lol::lol:

Mine don't have pellets in the summer anyway except for the odd couple of pellets as bribes or treats but I'm a mean bunny mummy. I think for my trio I only buy a maximum of 4 1.5kg bags a year. Mine always have a clean bill of health every time they go to the vets so I think they are getting all they need. Obviously if I had buns that had health issues or were having trouble maintaining weight then pellets would be fed accordingly.

Mine don't have pellets in the summer anyway except for the odd couple of pellets as bribes or treats but I'm a mean bunny mummy. I think for my trio I only buy a maximum of 4 1.5kg bags a year. Mine always have a clean bill of health every time they go to the vets so I think they are getting all they need. Obviously if I had buns that had health issues or were having trouble maintaining weight then pellets would be fed accordingly.

we already have to pick two wheelbarrow loads of weeds a day for them to share - much more and I would spend my life picking weeds!!!

we have two with eating problems - but tbh the pellets are just our way of not spending longer each day collecting weeds lol

How much hay do you get through hun? We are just about to mow what I call the plantain field (more plaintain than grass:lol:) and have a transit van now....
Got any storage? Can't help with the science selective, but could perhaps help with some hay?
:wave::wave:

Yup, but OH is working in Cambridge fairly soon, If it coincides with the hay harvest we can bring some with us and drop it off:thumb:
How many can you store?

Back