• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Rosie biting at Pebbles right shoulder - with video

LittleEskimo

Mama Doe
I think this is the right place to put this

Anyway Rosie and Pebbles bonded really easily a couple of weeks ago. Everything went pretty smoothly, no fighting or aggression etc. Both seemed very happy together.

But now I notice Rosie licking, nibbling and pulling on Pebbles right shoulder. Always in that same spot on his shoulder and it has been happening for a couple of days now. I just had a look at it and it looks a little red and the skin looks a bit dry/flaky but no skin has been broken, no blood or infection.

What could this be? He doesn't seem in pain. Or at least he isn't reacting to her doing it. I was watching them to see what she was doing to his shoulder and he was eating his dinner while she did it. Even when she was on the wrong side of him she leaned her head over his back to lick/nibble at the right shoulder.

I have no idea what to do. Is there is something up with Pebbles shoulder that I don't know about or is Rosie just an aggressive groomer that likes that particular spot. Do you think it might just die down in a little bit or what?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HDFGyMDgwno

They both look fit and healthy.

It could just be the case that Rosie is rather over zealous in grooming Pebbles.

If I were you I would just monitor the situation. If you have any doubts, or anything changes to cause you concern, a trip to the vets would be in order.

Estelle over grooms Frankie at times. She loves to chew off his mutton chop whiskers!!!!!!:roll::roll::lol::lol: They are both happy and fit and well.......................this is just Estelle being Estelle.

They sometimes do similar to this when they are wanting the other to mate with them. Maybe that's what this is?

Thank you :) yeah they both look happy together. No fighting or anything. Rosie will sometimes mount Pebbles when the dog is around. It seems like she tries to say "look this is mine, I hump him." bit other then that they seem very happy together

Back