• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Concerns about Mr Bennett - depression - ?

Barn Yard Bunnies

Staff member
Mr Bennett is fine health wise but since I have come back he is not the old Mr Bennett. OH has said Mr Bennett has not been the same after his illness early April.

He sits in his dog crate and rarely comes out. The door is open all day for him to freerange but he sits in his litter tray. :( The only time I get any response is when I have a crunchie.

This evening he completely freaked out. I cleaned both the hutches but did Cutie-pies first. I walked through the hallway with the base of Cutie-pies hutch and he seemed so frightened and moved so fast, his back legs going everywhere to get under our bed.

Any ideas ?

That sounds so unlike him. Is his appetite the same as always? I wonder if, although they are in different places, he still knows Cutie-pie is around and is worried about meeting her. I don't know but I hope you can find out soon.

Sending some vibes for Mr. Bennett ((((((((((((((((vibes))))))))))))))))))))))
Poor fellow. He's had a rough couple of months. I hope he feels better soon.

Come on Mr. Bennett, lets get a spring back in your step and in your mind.

Cheerful, happy and bright vibes being sent your way.:thumb::thumb:

Thanks everyone. I think he gets down when he sees Cutie-pie or the hutch I took through to scrub in the bathroom.

They have had a few accidental meetings. Cutie-pie free ranges in the back bedroom 24/7 so she has slipped out twice when I was vacuuming. Mr Bennett was in his dog crate. He really doesn't like seeing her.

But then twice I have found Mr Bennett on the step of the bedroom door trying to get in and had to shoo him away, he really tried to squeeze past me.

This morning Mr Bennett was back to his old self, better than since I have been back. Running around like a maniac, eating James shoe, eating the carpet, breaking into a shoe box, chewing my expander file.
He has been pretty active all day.

Back