• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

White spot on penis

bunnyconvert

Warren Scout
Evening I'm looking for advise.

I have a large unneutered male we adopted a few months back. He hadn't been to the vets since the last owners first got him and he's about 18months:shock:

We have treated and cured the mites, wormed him and are still investigating a dodge eye.
Not had vacines yet because of the eye and I'm not feeling the need to neuter as he is such a lovely bun as he his(will do if we are going to get him a friend).

He is free range most days eating grass,basil, hawthorn, pear leaves&sticks and I forage other bits like dandylions and those other weedy things that rabbit like.

He is eating, drinking and pooing fine. He had a full hutch clean this morning and we've been out today (at the Harry Potter Tour:p:p) came home and let him out. He's very happy and comes for his fuss before hopping of to play with the cats again.

I picked him up for a bum check and discovered a large white spot on his penis:shock:

I had a bowl of cottonwool soaked in hibiscrub ready for bum check so after wrapping him in a blanket( so I didn't get bitten or kicked) I gave it a wipe - it was just a white head and the 'pus' came out while I was wiping it. I got the last bit out without too much fiddling and he didn't even heel kick at me when I put him down so I don't think it was painful for him. He turned straight around for a fuss and has come back to me several times. He is acting very normally in the garden right now.

After looking on here I'm not too concerned it was anything serious but I wondered if anyone knows what causes them? Is there anything obvious?

It could be a simple pustule, maybe he was a bit over enthusiastic with cleaning himself and some skin got broken and subsequently some infection got in.

Do you know if he was a stud Buck ?

Back