• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Needing help and advise.

Fofinha

New Kit
Hi, anyone could tell me what happen to my boy? Tonight he's refusing his fav treat and not feel excitrd like usual. I don't what's wrong suddenly. 2 hours before he still noming hay and veggies. Any ideas why? I'm really worry now and it's midnight.

It sounds as though he's unwell and possibly in pain but it's impossibl to say whats wrong- he realy needs to see a vet. Is there an out-of-hours vet you could call? I understand you're not in the UK. Rabbits can get sick very quickly and it would not be a good idea to wait until tomorrow.

In the meantime he needs to be kept warm (i.e. indoors if he is normally kept outside. Offer him some tempting juicy herbs if possible and some of his favourite leaves/greens if he has any and see if he will drink some water xx

update

Hardly any 24 hours vet here. This morning he slightly back being active and start to eat bit of hay and treats. Start drink water too. He's a house rabbit. I found some flat sticky poo around the cage like he's having diarhea. Should I still take him to vet? Cos he starting to eat again. Or wait a little bit more?

Thanks

I would take him to the vet when they are open to be on the safe side- you don't want to wait until they're closed again in case he becomes worse again. There may be an underlying problem whick has upset his guts. Good luck xx

A trip to the vet would be advised in my opinion.

These little animals don't have time on their side when they become poorly.

I hope your bunny is better soon.

Best of luck.

Back