• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Cant cope any more. Any RU members want bunnies plus hutch and starting money?

Jemma&Theo

Mama Doe
Hi,

I know im going to get abuse for this but Its my rabbits im concerned with and I hope someone will see that im doing whats best for them, so here goes,

I have 5 bunnies and recently had a baby. (13 weeks old)

I tried today to bond my group of two with my group of three and it went horribly wrong.

I havent got time for all the bunnies any more and I could just leave them in their hutches and feed and clean them out but they are just not getting the time and attention that they need.

Im looking for a forum member and a rabbit fan to home three of them. A bonded group of three girls , all with beautiful tempraments, especially one special girl who loves cuddles that I just cant give her anymore. All 3 love human contact and they just arent getting it.

My baby is a nightmare and screams all day and I just cannot afford my poor bunnies ANY time.

If someone is interested I will arrange delivery of the 6ft hutch which is lovely and bespoke to them, along with their food and hay and £250 start up money.

This is going to go to someone who will love them and care for them... and who will update me regularly about whats going on in their lives.

Im going to get abuse, but believe me it wont hurt as much as Im hating myself at the moment.

The other pair I have had 6 years and will be staying with me as they dont like humans at all and are not missing out on my attention.

The hutch and Run : a bit more chewed now

Photo0834.jpg

Photo0939.jpg

My 3 lovely babies

Photo1013.jpg

Noodle

Photo1027.jpg

Lucy and Twiglet

Photo0619.jpg

How awful for you :( it must be so hard :( They are all gorgeous:love: I hope someone can help xxx

thank you, i love them so much, iv considered every option.

I know there are people on here who would love more bunnies who havent the housing or cash so this will hopefully suit someone,

If preferred I can give £100 up front and 6 payments of £25 per month after that to cover food etc.

whatever suits the right person

Aww I'm so sorry you are in a awful situation I hope someone comes along and takes in your 3 gorgeous babies and gives them a loving forever home :love:

I'm sure that your decision to re-home your bunnies has not been an easy one.

You have obviously thought long and hard about it though.

With the added help of hutch, money etc, hopefully some suitable bunny lover will come along.

It does seem a shame for you to have to give them up, but is sounds like you are acting very responsibly taking all things into consideration.

Fingers crossed that things work out for the best for everybody and every bunny.

I'm sorry you're finding things so hard.

You can ignore me if you like but I'm just concerned that you may regret your decision to rehome the buns later. It sounds like you love the bunnies very much. Have you got any one to help you with the baby? Is there a reason she cries all the time? Is there a possibility you might have post natal depression?

I can well understand the exhaustion you're feeling as I'm a mum to 5 buns (a 2 and a 3- currently being a pain due to spring fever issues) and a 6 month old baby. I don't think I've slept a whole night since the 2nd trimester but it does get better I promise.

I'm sorry you're finding things so hard.

You can ignore me if you like but I'm just concerned that you may regret your decision to rehome the buns later. It sounds like you love the bunnies very much. Have you got any one to help you with the baby? Is there a reason she cries all the time? Is there a possibility you might have post natal depression?

I can well understand the exhaustion you're feeling as I'm a mum to 5 buns (a 2 and a 3- currently being a pain due to spring fever issues) and a 6 month old baby. I don't think I've slept a whole night since the 2nd trimester but it does get better I promise.

Hi,

I do love them very much. I have help with the baby, my husband works full time shifts and he has the baby when he gets back but then I have only time to use the toilet and pick up the trail of destruction that has started thru the day. Im lucky in one respect that the baby sleeps through the night from 9pm until 7am so I get sleep but during the day she demands CONSTANT care. I think (and my mom has suggested this) that she has reached the stage where she has realised mommy comes when she cries, so she wont let me leave her side and all the websites say this isnt possible in such a yound baby but i can see no other reason for it.

I have thought about it, but i had a difficult pregnancy and was hospitalised for the end of it and then had a section, and my husband did everything, he finds time now to clean the bunnies out every other day but thats literally it. They deserve more. I feel i dont know them any more and today was the first time I have been able to spend 5 minutes with them since the middle of my pregnancy in october 2011.

They get food, water, hay and a clean hutch and plenty of excersize but it ends there. Theo and Cleo have started overgrooming its gotten so bad.

They arent neglected, but they are bored.

Thanks

I have thought it through . I just cant see it ever getting any better and the buns arent getting any younger

I'm really sorry you feel you have to rehome your bunnies :( but i completely understand how exhausting having a baby who cries all day can be, my first was like that and it was so so hard. My concen also is you'll regret rehoming them if that is the only reason. I was lucky that I had someone who helped look after the animals when things were at their hardest and i know if i had rehomed anyone i would of really regretted it. Is there anyone who could do the same for you? Or perhaps someone could foster the bunnies for you until your baby is a bit older and you have more time?

I'm so sorry you feel that you have to make such a difficult decision :cry:

The thing that immediately strikes me is that if Theo and Cleo are the ones showing particular behavioural issues and over grooming, then wouldn't it be fairer to consider rehoming them rather than the trio? What would realistically change at that point that would mean that Theo and Cleo would cease to be so stressed?

Hugs to you, must be an awful position to find yourself in xx

It's completely natural and normal for baby to want to be with you constantly- you are her world and she is helpless without you at the moment but she will start to become more independent in a matter of months as she starts to learn that if she can't see you it doesn't mean you've gone forever and gradually you'll find she can amuse herself for longer (hark at me trying to sound like I know what I'm talking about lol). In a year or two you'll probably find she wants to be off getting into mischief and you'll be missing the cuddly, clingy baby stage!

Do you have a sling that you could carry her in whilst getting on with things? (the baby bjorn active one is good)
An absolute life-saver for me has been an electric swing. I can plonk my boy in his with a toy and he will swing away happily for ages while I get on with things. In fact I have two swings- one in the living room and a portable one that I can take into the garden whilst I am outside with the rabbits.

Would your husband be able to take any time off to give you a bit of a break?

Your bunnies are absolutely gorgeous and I would have them in a heartbeat if I could but the OH has threatened to evict me if I get any more (and he means it this time) xx

Last edited:
I'm really sorry you feel you have to rehome your bunnies :( but i completely understand how exhausting having a baby who cries all day can be, my first was like that and it was so so hard. My concen also is you'll regret rehoming them if that is the only reason. I was lucky that I had someone who helped look after the animals when things were at their hardest and i know if i had rehomed anyone i would of really regretted it. Is there anyone who could do the same for you? Or perhaps someone could foster the bunnies for you until your baby is a bit older and you have more time?

Hi,

My husband does care for them like i say but taking care of their basic needs is where it ends. If they went to foster I know id end up never having them back. Id like to pretend I would but its like 'out of sight out of mind' isnt it, then the poor things would just be in limbo,

I know i will regret it, but not as much as I regret leaving them to it for the last 8 months with next to no human contact. Like i say, I COULD keep them, but what life would they have? They deserve to be spoilt they are so friendly and love people.

I hate this situation, even as I type the baby is on my lap and I know if i move she will go beserk.

I'm so sorry you feel that you have to make such a difficult decision :cry:

The thing that immediately strikes me is that if Theo and Cleo are the ones showing particular behavioural issues and over grooming, then wouldn't it be fairer to consider rehoming them rather than the trio? What would realistically change at that point that would mean that Theo and Cleo would cease to be so stressed?

Hugs to you, must be an awful position to find yourself in xx

Rehoming the three girls is the best option, they are the most time consuming and affection demanding, meaning that Theo and Cleo's situation would get more attention if they went. Theo and Cleo are 'low maintenence people haters' Rehoming them would not make things any easier.. if that makes sense, The girls would still demand the most time and attention.

as lilbun said, your baby will grow quickly and become more independent ( though maybe not less demanding :lol:) and things do get easier. I had a screamer with my first. Constant colic and intolerance to milk, and later diagnosed autistic. i agree, you could also have post natal depression ( I had it with my first child) and everything seems impossible. But I'm sure you will regret it if you give your buns away. I would also suggest fostering them out...If I was closer I would foster them for you, or if someone could do a bunny run, I'd happily foster them until you feel you either want to have them back or you are certain you want to rehome them.

It's completely natural and normal for baby to want to be with you constantly- you are her world and she is helpless without you at the moment but she will start to become more independent in a matter of months as she starts to learn that if she can't see you it doesn't mean you've gone forever and gradually you'll find she can amuse herself for longer (hark at me trying to sound like I know what I'm talking about lol). In a year or two you'll probably find she wants to be off getting into mischief and you'll be missing the cuddly, clingy baby stage!

Do you have a sling that you could carry her in whilst getting on with things? (the baby bjorn active one is good)
An absolute life-saver for me has been an electric swing. I can plonk my boy in his with a toy and he will swing away happily for ages while I get on with things. In fact I have two swings- one in the living room and a portable one that I can take into the garden whilst I am outside with the rabbits.

Would your husband be able to take any time off to give you a bit of a break?

Your bunnies are absolutely gorgeous and I would have them in a heartbeat if I could but the OH has threatened to evict me if I get any more (and he means it this time) xx

We ahve an electric swing but it doesnt really settle her however it works more than 4 weeks ago when she HATED it, We have the fisher price LUV U ZOO which vibrates aswell,

The other huuugggeee problem is that im back at work in october.... and I will have even less time, just when winter is approaching and the buns will need me more.

as lilbun said, your baby will grow quickly and become more independent ( though maybe not less demanding :lol:) and things do get easier. I had a screamer with my first. Constant colic and intolerance to milk, and later diagnosed autistic. i agree, you could also have post natal depression ( I had it with my first child) and everything seems impossible. But I'm sure you will regret it if you give your buns away. I would also suggest fostering them out...If I was closer I would foster them for you, or if someone could do a bunny run, I'd happily foster them until you feel you either want to have them back or you are certain you want to rehome them.

Thank you, maybe your right RE PND, I just feel like I am a shell with nothing anymore, no hobbies and no life, i wear pj's all day with my acne and constant period and realise what an unattractive prospect i must be to my husband.... if I was an outsider id say 'Stop bit**ing, you have a lovely husband and a beautiful baby and good health and life couldnt be much better' but that just doesnt seem to add up when I tell myself that.

I am certain they need rehoming, its either them or me... and im not joking. I just feel if some pressure is not relieved then il have to walk, I probably never would... but its becoming more attractive a prospect.

Thank you, maybe your right RE PND, I just feel like I am a shell with nothing anymore, no hobbies and no life, i wear pj's all day with my acne and constant period and realise what an unattractive prospect i must be to my husband.... if I was an outsider id say 'Stop bit**ing, you have a lovely husband and a beautiful baby and good health and life couldnt be much better' but that just doesnt seem to add up when I tell myself that.

I am certain they need rehoming, its either them or me... and im not joking. I just feel if some pressure is not relieved then il have to walk, I probably never would... but its becoming more attractive a prospect.

I think you should really see your doctor first just to get checked for PND...it is something that often gets overlooked, and if you do have it and are treated you may feel so much differently after. I suffer from depression, and I'm always the last to realise....but you really do sound like you have it and you really need to get some help first before you make any major decisions.

It sounds like you need to speak to someone about PND- I would do that asap and then see how you feel. If you still feel the same in a few weeks/months you can look into rehoming the buns if thats really what you want. In the meantime they have each other- it's not as if they are completely alone. Is their bond still ok?

Back