• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Hutch manufacturers that deliver FAST?

nessar

Warren Veteran
Anyone know any places I can get a 6ft hutch from fast? I'll be in Horsham. Need one desperately by Friday.

And does anyone know the normal delivery times for The Rabbit Hutch Shop and Happy Hutch? I cant get through to them because of the bank holiday.

There's P@H, but I'd rather not go there, as their hutches arent generally good quality.

I think Happy Hutch delivered within a few days to me, but not sure if they would be able to given the bank holidays. Graham usually replies to emails pretty quickly, so he might get back to you before the end of the long weekend.

Could you also try a local RSPCA rehoming centre? May be a chance they have some hutches for sale?

I think Happy Hutch delivered within a few days to me, but not sure if they would be able to given the bank holidays. Graham usually replies to emails pretty quickly, so he might get back to you before the end of the long weekend.

Could you also try a local RSPCA rehoming centre? May be a chance they have some hutches for sale?

My experience with HH was the same. I needed a hutch by the end of the week so e-mailed them on a Tuesday and asked if I ordered that day, when could I expect it. He replied within a couple of hours (during normal business hours). I got it on the Thursday/Friday, whatever day it was he said it would arrive, it did. Rabbit Hutch Shop were also quick but I can't remember how quick. I'm too lazy to look but I think it says despatched within 48 hours of order, or something such on their website.

Can your buns be in temp accommodation over the weekend, indoors?

No, its not my house, and they already have a bun indoors and cats too.

The Rabbit Hutch Shop have said they can. Their ramp is too narrow and I'd prefer a hutch taller than 2ft as Barney is a big, but I guess it will do. Their run is higher than others at 2ft 4, so thats a plus I guess. Its this one, looks nice and a good size: http://www.the-rabbit-hutch-shop.com/6ft-5-x-2ft-5-rabbit-hutch-with-a-6ft-x-8ft-run.html

Have you looked on ebay? You can search within so many miles of a post code or place :wave:

I think I would go for the RHS one myself out of those two.

Another option may be to put the buns into boarding (if you can find some) just for the weekend until you can get the HH one that you really want? It seems a shame to compromise on head height if you really wanted that, and it's a lot of money to spend on something that isn't quite right :(

Have you looked on ebay? You can search within so many miles of a post code or place :wave:

Nothing suitable available :( I dont drive so would have to ask my Auntie/Uncle to go get it, so it couldnt be too far from them.

There are new ones, but they're about the same price as the Rabbit Hutch Shop one and I cant tell the quality. At least with the Rabbit Hutch Shop one of their hutches won an RWAF award and looking at the points it said it was good quality, so thats something.

This is the one I saw:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Riley-rab...all_Animals&hash=item3377257f69#ht_500wt_1220

It doesn't solve the height problem though ,as it's only 2ft high I think...

Also doesn't say where it is in Hampshire.

ETA just saw your comment about picking it up, so maybe not suitable after all :oops:

Thank you for finding it for my anyway! Yeah, the run is only 18inches high, Barney wouldnt be able to periscope fully in that. BUt thanks :)

Yes, I think the RHS hutch will be better quality than the P@H one.

I'm waiting for a call back off a guy on ebay that made Jenova's hutch, as he makes them bespoke. Hopefully he'll get back to me and be able to make something suitable in time. Problem is I have no idea how I would get into a tall run, I struggle with 2ft ones!

Thank you for finding it for my anyway! Yeah, the run is only 18inches high, Barney wouldnt be able to periscope fully in that. BUt thanks :)

Yes, I think the RHS hutch will be better quality than the P@H one.

I'm waiting for a call back off a guy on ebay that made Jenova's hutch, as he makes them bespoke. Hopefully he'll get back to me and be able to make something suitable in time. Problem is I have no idea how I would get into a tall run, I struggle with 2ft ones!

I know this is a bit cheeky but do you have a link for the guy that made Jenova's hutch? I love that one :love:

Fingers crossed he can make one for you in time! They do look fabulous hutches :)

Maybe he could make a little door into the run on the side too? I would struggle with anything over 2ft as well :oops:

Spoke to the guy from ebay and the earliest he can do it would be Thursday :(

I guess I'm getting the RHS one. B will be able to periscope in the hutch, but not able to have his ears completely up whilst doing it, so I guess its not too bad... The run height should be fine, enough room to periscope properly and binky too, as he doesnt get very high when he binkies.

I'm just worried I'm being extremely cheeky by putting a hutch/run that is 8ft by 6ft in someone elses garden :oops: she did say there was enough space but still.... I would prefer a 6x6 run but the company dont do them and cant do anything bespoke at such short notice. They have the same hutch with a 6x4 run, and I guess my two would get used to less space, but they're used to having a whole room to run about in, and it doesnt meet rwaf guidlines any more....

I think if the person has said there is space it will be fine :). Is it a permanent arrangement, or are you moving them again? I'm sure it will be ok if they have said though. The buns will love that size as well! I would stick with the bigger one :)

Back