• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Stanley and Tabitha- Husbun and Wife (Pic dump!)

Beansprout

Warren Scout
I thought I would share some pics of what I've been up to the last few days!

A little history- I adopted Stan and Tabs about 4 weeks ago from the RSPCA in Chobam. They were about a month neutered/spayed. The centre told me they had tried bonding them but Stanners was still too horny! I kept them separate in my room for a couple of weeks, til my Mum and siblings got fed up of the hay smell (I rather like it).

They moved to the shed (we have a big 12"x16" shed). I was getting a little frustrated having them separate- twice the work getting them out in the run or whatever, and it takes up so much more room. My other sister came home from uni last wednesday, and I said let's go and sit with the bunnies in my room! We let them out on my bed together with some old carpet on it. And so the bonding began...

We had them on there for about an hour. First 10 mins lots of smelling the new carpet and the environment. Next they sat/layed down next to each other. Seemed pretty laid back. We moved to the floor so that we could control the situation if Stanners tried anything... Lo he did. He was humping a lot, and tabs was terrified, kept running away and was crawling up our legs. I decided to put them back in their homes in the shed- I swapped them this time though. On Friday, I started to tidy the shed ready for a BBQ I have on monday. I also ordered some NIC cubes from the interwebs and I was desparate to try them! As the buns were in the way, I stuck the pen in the corner, and put them together to bond again. Lots of humping and chasing, bit Tabs didn't mind a bit! The humping and chasing slowed down over the evening, till Stan left her alone for a whole two hours. They were lying next to each other loads, nose rubbing, it was adorable. I left them in the pen over night (I slept in the shed.. my favourite place to be) and there were no problemas. I spent the whole of saturday building a shared NIC multi-level whatsit for them :D Here are the pics!

Their house in my room- separated
DSC_0466_2.jpg

Bonding! Very comfy bunnas...
DSC_0484.jpg

Tabs with a wig
P5300107.jpg

NIC cube condo ontop of the dog crates, with lots of wood panels to stop mrs-jump-a-lot from jumping over the fence and from getting into tight awkward corners ^^
DSC_0003.jpg

DSC_0005.jpg

DSC_0008.jpg

DSC_0010.jpg

DSC_0059.jpg

I'm so pleased that they can live together now- so much more fun watching them jump around each other!

Back