• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

mini no lop

enfieldgirl

Young Bun
hi all, i am thinking of getting a beautiful little mini lop , prob is she has no lops , her ears have been nibble by her mum as a baby , apparently she can hear ok, the owner said the only problem may be if she got dust in them they would need drops and cleaning with ear drops, can anyone offer advice if this would be an expensive problem, i would luv to adopt but couldnt afford very regular expensive vet bills ,

I don't think people who have buns like this have many problems at all. I'm sure someone in the know will come along shortly :)

hi all, i am thinking of getting a beautiful little mini lop , prob is she has no lops , her ears have been nibble by her mum as a baby , apparently she can hear ok, the owner said the only problem may be if she got dust in them they would need drops and cleaning with ear drops, can anyone offer advice if this would be an expensive problem, i would luv to adopt but couldnt afford very regular expensive vet bills ,

Hi, the poor little bunny with no lop ears.

I haven't any experience with this, but try popping a thread in the health section and perhaps change title to be more specific. I feel sure that someone with more experience in this matter will be along to answer your question.

Best of luck.:thumb:

To be honest, every rabbit will have regular vet costs. Neutering of course is a one off cost, but she'll need vaccinations every year. Rabbits are also very prone to snuffles and dental problems, both which often result in regular vet visits and high costs. Lops can be more prone to both of these due to the way their faces are shaped.

If you want to reduce the likihood of expensive vet bills, you could get insurance, the price varies on where you live, but for an example mine is £9-10 per rabbit per month from Petplan. This would mean that for most problems you would only have to pay the £50 excess a year per problem, but of course the missing ears would be classed as a prexisting condition, so they would likely not cover problems associated with this.

You should have her! As long as you have a bunny savvy vet then you can deal with any problems as they occur. The breeder I got my french lops from have a no ear rabbit: http://www.rossrabbits.co.uk/our-bunnies.html (inga), I am sure if you sent her an email she would be happy to give you advice.

I've met Inga and she is a wonderful, happy bun!

EDIT: Would also definitely recommend insuring her as well. When my humph was ill (didn't pull through) his bills were over £400, don't know what I would have done without insurance!

Last edited:
To be honest, every rabbit will have regular vet costs. Neutering of course is a one off cost, but she'll need vaccinations every year. Rabbits are also very prone to snuffles and dental problems, both which often result in regular vet visits and high costs. Lops can be more prone to both of these due to the way their faces are shaped.

If you want to reduce the likihood of expensive vet bills, you could get insurance, the price varies on where you live, but for an example mine is £9-10 per rabbit per month from Petplan. This would mean that for most problems you would only have to pay the £50 excess a year per problem, but of course the missing ears would be classed as a prexisting condition, so they would likely not cover problems associated with this.

Rabbits are not cheap pets, as my oh is fast discovering :lol::lol::lol:
Would you be getting her a husbun? Rabbits need company as they are very social animals. Also as she is a female she would need to be spayed. I have boys so I don't know exactly how much a spay is but it's not cheap!!! But is essential, unspayed girles have something like an 80% chance of getting uterine cancer by the time they are 5. It's a horrible disease, I've lost a bun to it as she came to us not spayed and too overweight for us to put her through the op :cry:

If you can give her the space (there are very few commercial hutches that provide this), love and company she needs then go for it. She is gorgeous :love::love::love:

Just remember that any rabbit, just like any cat, dog ect has the potential to get a bit pricey at the vets, I don't know if the lack of ears will add to this, I suspect not though. :thumb:

She is beautiful. I would get her. But if I was you, I would book her into the vets a few days after getting her just to get a vet to give her a good check over and maybe some advice about her ears if that's what you are worried about. And it would have to be a rabbit savvy vet she sees about her ears, I would think.

Rabbits are not cheap pets, as my oh is fast discovering :lol::lol::lol:
Would you be getting her a husbun? Rabbits need company as they are very social animals. Also as she is a female she would need to be spayed. I have boys so I don't know exactly how much a spay is but it's not cheap!!! But is essential, unspayed girles have something like an 80% chance of getting uterine cancer by the time they are 5. It's a horrible disease, I've lost a bun to it as she came to us not spayed and too overweight for us to put her through the op :cry:

If you can give her the space (there are very few commercial hutches that provide this), love and company she needs then go for it. She is gorgeous :love::love::love:

Just remember that any rabbit, just like any cat, dog ect has the potential to get a bit pricey at the vets, I don't know if the lack of ears will add to this, I suspect not though. :thumb:

My boyfriend discovered this as well today. :lol:.

hi at the moment i have a 2 storey 4ft hutch but am in the middle of converting a shed with an attatched run, also have a small doe already so they would be company, i have booked her in to the local vets near the seller to have her checked before i commit to buy, but tbh imm in love with her all ready and just want to give her a good home, x

hi at the moment i have a 2 storey 4ft hutch but am in the middle of converting a shed with an attatched run, also have a small doe already so they would be company, i have booked her in to the local vets near the seller to have her checked before i commit to buy, but tbh imm in love with her all ready and just want to give her a good home, x

Sounds like she would be going to a fantastic home and be very well loved :thumb::thumb::thumb:

Hope she passes the vet check with flying colours:love::love::love:

Back