• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Fly Repellents

katie2000

Alpha Buck
:wave: I've been noticing a good few flies hanging around the rabbit run - they seem to like to sit on the wooden frame when it gets warm or on the brick wall of the outhouse in the sun.

I've been investigating various fly repellents such as sticky strips and fly bags but most of these seem to "attract" the flies first and obviously I don't want to do this.

Does anyone have any tips or suggestions? I need something that is suitable to be used outside.

The only option I've thought of at the moment is possible getting a couple of lavendar bushes that will sit either side of the run as I've heard that flies don't like the smell of them.

I spray naf off citronella spray. It is a fly spray for horses but I spray it on the fence, wall near the buns house and on the roof...but not in contact with the buns just incase they react.

Back