• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

new vaccine for myxi and vhd

waggytailstina

Alpha Buck
I am looking for people experiences of this , some of my customers are wanting to stick with the 2 injections and are really worried about the 1 for both , One of my customers has had hers done and both bunnies went down hill fast and have since passed away ! but were both healthy at the time ! another customer has told me a similar story about their neighbours bunny , so am really looking at experiences other than my own of which all 15 buns have had the new injection with no problems!

mine had the comb yesterday and all seems to have gone well, no side effects, and qute a few other members on here have had their buns done with the new combi and had no problems

weve had 40+ rabbits done with the new vacine ... 2 developed a sore eye ... very much like mild nodular myxi .. treat with Tiacil and all better in around 7 to 10 days .. no other problems

a further update may be not related as i furminated mabel few days before, but i didn;t bald her soo much, but since vaccnaton thaqt area has gone abt more bald on her neck, no swellings or redness or anything though

Thats great to know and re assuring for the customers who are concerned by it , please keep adding as i am showing them this thread as a reassurance.

I wonder if those who develop slight nodular myxi symptoms justhave a weaker immune system than average and thier bodies cant quite cope to start with?

Mine are due in September :wave:

Mr Skittle has had his combinationjab and hasnt been any different since, no ill effects.:wave:

Certainly less stressful for him only going once to the vet too.:D

I think if they have a general check up first and appear to have no "issues" then it will be safe.:)

When my son ( not a rabbit of course........:roll:.but just as a comparison) had some of his injections when he was small, we made sure he had a normal temperatiure and was "normal" before we let him have them .... and I just liken this to that really.

im certain that havn;t caused mabels large area of baldness, i may have done abit furmintaing , but it has become more bald since injection :oops:

im certain that havn;t caused mabels large area of baldness, i may have done abit furmintaing , but it has become more bald since injection :oops:

Mine were done on the 17th May, and I've only just noticed a large scab on pebbles, right between the shoulder blades where the injection site was. Don't know how I missed it as I stroke him and pick him up every day, and he follows me around everywhere like a puppy. My first though was that he's been bitten by Bugsy, but they have been bonded 7 months now, and he has never had a bite, just fur pulled from rear end...so it has to be the jab.

Mine were done on the 17th May, and I've only just noticed a large scab on pebbles, right between the shoulder blades where the injection site was. Don't know how I missed it as I stroke him and pick him up every day, and he follows me around everywhere like a puppy. My first though was that he's been bitten by Bugsy, but they have been bonded 7 months now, and he has never had a bite, just fur pulled from rear end...so it has to be the jab.

yeah could possibly be, mabels hasn;t scabbed she is just rather bald

Back