• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

New Additions - Albus Dumbledore and Cornelius Fudge - looking for permanent Hogwort

parsnipbun

Wise Old Thumper
Took in two buns today as 'fosters' -

Both almost 5 years old, male neutered couple, adult owner had sort of lost interest (they had last myxi jab Feb 2011 - and not handled much).

Also Owner was moving to a flat from present house where she was a lodger - landlady didnt feel she wanted them, though her two children did. Owner obviously no longer cared enough to ensure she could have buns where she was going.

Things came to a head when lodger actually moved and ex-landlady was heading for two week hols in Italy - I have been trying to find them a new home but with no luck. Thoughts of fly strike/heat stroke/foxes - made me take them here whilst I try and find new home and I am really glad I did.

Albus had a hugely matted tail area with lots of poo etc, Cornelius Fudge had very long curving nails on back feet. Have not had chance to check his teeth though Albus' teeth okish. Both shaggy and under conditioned,

Things is that the people were actually very nice, friendly, children caring, well off, well educated - I mean really really nice - sort of people you would be friends with - in fact they said they contacted me as I was a friend of a friend . . .

but obviously felt rabbits were something 'optional' that if no longer convenient could be passed on.

Both buns booked in for jabs on Weds - my friend who had an etsy shop to raise funds for bunny charities is paying for the jabs as, although I did mention jabs being needed immediately etc etc to ex- owner and ex owners freind/landlady - no money was forthcoming. Maybe they thought I was wealthy as I had so many buns???? However its them going to Italy for a holiday not me.

I just think its sad that even very very nice decent friendly loving caring people still let a rabbit get in a state and can be someone else's responsibility if no longer wanted.

I asked for the hutch and run (to smash up) but they said when they came to move it t was so tatty it would have fallen apart - so I made them promise to smash it up and explained why.

Photos later!

Last edited:
How sad :cry: No excuse for otherwise educated, intelligent people to display such ignorance :cry: Love the names, did you name them or were they already Harry Potter themed?

Sometimes people who you think ought to know better, or have the money to do better, just don't. I once collected a piggy from a big posh house, a very 'well to do' family. The cage was disgusting and falling apart. The woman said she had just cleaned the piggy out, but what she had actually done was to put a layer of fresh bedding over the weeks of muck that lined the bottom of the cage. She insisted that I took the cage too as she thought the rescue would be grateful for it. :roll:

Thanks goodness these two bunnies are now safe with you. Look forward to seeing photos. :D

Back