• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

need some help here guys

little-laura

Wise Old Thumper
Right guys I really need some help here

I no longer trust my in laws to look after the yuki and yuri when I go away not because they ill treat them or anything but I came back after a weekend away to a litter tray being removed and them only having one which wasnt enough and there was no hay or straw in it... just poos and wees...., one of their hay feeders hadent been put back.... there wasnt enough hay in their cage, nor food or water... and their second hay feeder was empty and full of poo and urine and I had just had just taught them not to use it as a litter tray and its food and had to start back at square one....

I had left instructions and they didnt feed them the right hay...>_<

sooo I need to know something is there any boarding near notts/derby that will take my buns I ask because Yuki has EC....

Last edited:
Is the only way they can get infected by ingesting the urine of a rabbit who has EC? This is all I can find in my research. :?

If that's all it is then I don't see why it would be a problem with proper hygiene. I was looking into ways I could foster for someone with Grim having snuffles but most people said with proper cleaning with a vet grade disinfectant and just general washing hands etc it's not too much of a problem. But I guess there would be some risks still. :? When I let people know about Grim it does seem to put them off, but I guess it would put me off too.

Maybe another member who has a rabbit with EC could do it?

Is the only way they can get infected by ingesting the urine of a rabbit who has EC? This is all I can find in my research. :?

If that's all it is then I don't see why it would be a problem with proper hygiene. I was looking into ways I could foster for someone with Grim having snuffles but most people said with proper cleaning with a vet grade disinfectant and just general washing hands etc it's not too much of a problem. But I guess there would be some risks still. :? When I let people know about Grim it does seem to put them off, but I guess it would put me off too.

Maybe another member who has a rabbit with EC could do it?

Its just if not I have to get them to essex on the train for my folks to look after them as they follow stuff to the letter

>_<

the buns love my parents but its difficult to travel down there then to where ever where going especially when its somewhere closer to notts then essex. Not to mention it messes the buns about

we will be most likely moving somewhere in notts when we move out soooo if someone on here wouldnt mind bun sitting that would be amazing

I have a pet sitter come in twice daily if I'm away for a few days as the boarding place I used to use wasn't happy about taking Tippy with her Ec/pasteurella headtilt. It's not perfect but better bet than unreliable or unwilling friends/family.
Ask your vet if they know anyone (vet nurses sometimes pet sit to raise extra pennies) xx

I have a pet sitter come in twice daily if I'm away for a few days as the boarding place I used to use wasn't happy about taking Tippy with her Ec/pasteurella headtilt. It's not perfect but better bet than unreliable or unwilling friends/family.
Ask your vet if they know anyone (vet nurses sometimes pet sit to raise extra pennies) xx

good idea :thumb:

shall ask lol

Back