• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Lily has been admitted...it's serious....impacted gut.

purplebumble

Warren Veteran
She saw a vet Thursday and he said it was a bit firm in one spot but to keep treating her at home..she wasn't dehydrated so the usual intensive routine.
Last night I managed to get her fed etc and her poops were size of glass head on pins. Rang vet for advice at almost 2am and he said she was was still washing the stuff off and moving a bit so he got her in this morn to see our but vet. I heard and saw lily trying munching a n
Bit of hay but took her as I knew she was no better.

Our bun vet has admitted her...she has a hi impaction.....not good.......I'm distraught...cried there cried in taxi etc. I can't lose my lily Munster....my hay monster....loopy lily..lily pops.........

After losing Bertie then my mum to lose lily or any pet now....I think I'll tip over the edge.

Please vibes for my little lady...she's 6 1/2 years old and I've only had her a year from Essex rabbit and go rescue :cry:

Lots and lots of vibes.

I'm working until 6.00 pm, Debbie, but if you need a lift anywhere after that or you would like me to come and give Lily some reiki, please let me know.

You really are having a tough time at the moment. Thinking of you xxxx

I'm very sorry Debbie :cry: A high impaction isn't a good prognosis but with aggressive fluids and pain relief it CAN shift - don't give up and don't let your vets give up - it can take time to move it and rehydrate the impacted material. Lots of vibes xxx

Squidgy got through this, and I'm sure Lily can too.
Sending you lots of hugs and vibes. xxx

Update today

The vet rang me this morning and warned me not to get ahead of myself but lily has actually done a few poops! I was ecstatic as I haven't slept all night because I was expecting a phone call saying shed gone....I really thought that. but the hardened mass is still there but if her gut begins to work it will either move or get stuck I guess. The vet is going to try manipulating it with lily on strong pain meds etc.
She's had a few small feeds and they cannot believe how much she triggers fighting it. However the vet said she was very sweet..probably because she's used to bluebell!

I hope to get a positive update tonight but am too well aware it's a tricky still....but the few poos are a start right?

I recall big being misdiagnosed years ago with cancer of uterine ligaments left behind from Spey and cervix! Hers was a long long battle with gi problems..and she was a dental bun so the two went hand in hand. I've lost one bun to stasis and one to gi torsion. I've nursed many through gi stasis..merkin had medical staff get him through his impaction. Let's face it have bunny will stasis right?

Stress is a huge part of it..she'd had a dental with ulcerated tongue a few weeks ago...then the horrific heat...then the stress of al being in lounge...her protecting hunnybunnys and telling Baxter where to go! Had to keep going past to get to fridge and kitchen...she was fine but then this hit. So I guess she gets more stressed than she shows at the time poor lily.

Sounds like she is improving slightly. Hope more comes out soon.

Why do so many bunnies get statis ? Never even heard of it before I joined RU but I did know they needed to eat all the time.

Really hope Lily is better soon. xxx

Back