• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Need Some advice... Fast Please

Stumpy

Alpha Buck
Morning Everyone :wave:

as some off you may know i have Whisky she is nearly a year old (Aug) spayed and one her own at the moment. shes all ready for a friend now i don't mind if i have to bond her or someone can help but i would like a friend for her.

so i have signed up to the RSPCA but i can see why people don't re home from then down here. every time we go to have a look they have some new ones but they have paired them up even tho i have given then my number and said i would like a male on his own. it makes me so fed up and angry.

i was told a male to female bond was the easiest too do, is that true?

so my other 2 options is to buy one from a shop in town they have some lop eared rabbits but im not sure how old they are and i wouldn't be able to start bonding till he was done would i? also do you think Whisky would accept a young bunny? or a lady that works at the same place as me has some lion rabbits for sale but they are not ready till mid June!

so my question is what would you do and if i buy a new one would i have to keep him separate from Whisky till he is done and how will i know when i start to bond if they like each other as once i have him i wont get rid off him. if they like each other or not i couldn't do it x

I wouldn't buy a pet shop rabbit. You're funding a horrible industry by buying baby bunnies from petshops or most breeders.

Yes, male/female bond is easiest and no you'd need to wait until the new rabbit was both neutered and recovered to bond them.

A lot of the rescues on here rehome nationally. My little girl is from honeybunnies in Leicester and I'm in Middlesbrough, so bunny runs can be arranged :wave:

I wouldn't buy a pet shop rabbit. You're funding a horrible industry by buying baby bunnies from petshops or most breeders.

Yes, male/female bond is easiest and no you'd need to wait until the new rabbit was both neutered and recovered to bond them.

A lot of the rescues on here rehome nationally. My little girl is from honeybunnies in Leicester and I'm in Middlesbrough, so bunny runs can be arranged :wave:

ok so how do i do it as i have asked this before and never had any help. :( I would just like ever a lion or lop eared male to bond with Whisky

ok so how do i do it as i have asked this before and never had any help. :( I would just like ever a lion or lop eared male to bond with Whisky

Look through Rabbits in Need on here, PM the rescues, have a look on Rabbit Rehome. Some of the rescues have their own websites (I know fatfluffs do but I'm not sure where they're based or if they rehome nationally). Lots of ways to go about it :wave:

Look through Rabbits in Need on here, PM the rescues, have a look on Rabbit Rehome. Some of the rescues have their own websites (I know fatfluffs do but I'm not sure where they're based or if they rehome nationally). Lots of ways to go about it :wave:

OK i will try thanks

Back