• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Buns off to boarding for 1st time, what to take??

LainiT

Warren Scout
Is she gonna look at me like I'm a looney if I turn up with their food/water bowls, hay rack, tunnel and bridge??

They've not been together full time long, maybe 8 weeks, although they've been dating since the beginning of March, so I need to make this as stress free as possible for them.

I know I need their food and I'm taking some herbs cos she offers veg but my 2 dont have that much....do I really need the 2 Dairylea lids that I use to give them their herbs, I want to but OH thinks I'm mad:lol:

Help, how much is too much??

I tell people that I can supply toys/bowls/bottles etc but they can bring their own if they prefer. If you feel more comfortable with your own things take them and it may make the buns feel more at home having some of their 'things' with them. Just remember what you take with you to then take back home again!

I wouldn't worry if boarders turned up with the entire contents of their own hutch. Anything to help the buns feel at home and not be bored. I am limited as to how much I can put in the hutches for enrichment because of cleaning and disinfecting issues so I ask people to bring whatever they like.

If someone is not happy with you wanting to bring things for your buns to try and make them feel at home. consider going elsewhere as it should be part of their customer service to make you feel at ease with leaving your rabbits and ensuring that your rabbits feel safe and secure.

Back