• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

combi's done

mini lop1

Wise Old Thumper
rabbits vaccinated, mabel weighed in at 1.3kg :shock: (she 18months now so weiighes same as what locksley was when he died) ,heaviest she ever been, sox weighed 0.9kg (mabel was 0.98kg at his age 8months)

now i can;t decide, to dental or to monitor, as showing no signs of eating problems or illness, but teeth alittle sharp on molars, vet said it was up to me, but i can;t decide whether to or not or just leave and see how teeth are in few weeks time, dentals are £100 but 15 percent off at moment

:love: It sounds like Mabel's doing really well. :D I can't believe she's 18 mths already. :shock:

Personally, I would probably monitor closely for now, if the vet doesn't think the teeth definitely need doing straight away. It's a tricky one because you don't know either way how it's going to go - she might not need a dental for a good few weeks, or perhaps not at all as there can sometimes be tiny spurs that wear down naturally or never become a problem. Or you could leave it and she might need a dental next week. Best of luck with making a decision though.

thanks think i wll leave and then have a check up n about a months time, to see if anymore changes :thumb:

:love: It sounds like Mabel's doing really well. :D I can't believe she's 18 mths already. :shock:

Personally, I would probably monitor closely for now, if the vet doesn't think the teeth definitely need doing straight away. It's a tricky one because you don't know either way how it's going to go - she might not need a dental for a good few weeks, or perhaps not at all as there can sometimes be tiny spurs that wear down naturally or never become a problem. Or you could leave it and she might need a dental next week. Best of luck with making a decision though.

i know i was reading her vaccination card figured out she s 18months old and thought gosh she is the age lost dear locksley at, then when knew her weight i knew she had caught up to what she should be

If it were me I would monitor and get re checked in 2 - 3 weeks. One, because she needs that time to let the vaccination do its job and secondly because we have had so many bunnies where their molars have found to be 'sharp' but further examination over a lengthy period has showed no change and it is normal for their teeth or they have righted themselves.

Obviously if they are worse in a few weeks i would go for the dental :D

If it were me I would monitor and get re checked in 2 - 3 weeks. One, because she needs that time to let the vaccination do its job and secondly because we have had so many bunnies where their molars have found to be 'sharp' but further examination over a lengthy period has showed no change and it is normal for their teeth or they have righted themselves.

Obviously if they are worse in a few weeks i would go for the dental :D

yes i will get them re-checked in few weeks thanks :wave:

Back