• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Daddy Needs a Lesson on Bunnyproofing...

Cari

Warren Veteran
Mummy had a job interview today which was very long and stressful so Daddy made Mummy a lovely fruit salad.
When Mummy came home, Daddy put the bowl on the arm of the sofa and came to talk to her.
Mummy went up for a shower, and Daddy followed her to keep talking about her day.

When Mummy and Daddy came downstairs there was a very content looking Stephen lying on the sofa.
There was an empty bowl on the floor.

Stephen had eaten Daddy's entire fruit salad that he had made for Mummy.
Mummy is not impressed with Stephen.
Daddy thinks it's funny.
Stephen is very happy.

:roll:

That's several slices of apple, pineapple, mango, grapes and strawberries all in a happy bunny's tummy.
hmph.

That's it. I'm not feeding him anything for the next 10 days to make up for his calorie intake for the day.. :lol:
He is so naughty! I swear, before I rationed his veggies he never used to steal food! I just don't know what to do with him!

:shock: Wow that's a lot of sugar! What a lucky bunny, aka sneaky little beggar :love:

I've never known a bunny steal an entire meal/snack before, I've known dogs do it but for a bun to scoff the lot :lol::lol::lol:

:shock: Wow that's a lot of sugar! What a lucky bunny, aka sneaky little beggar :love:

I've never known a bunny steal an entire meal/snack before, I've known dogs do it but for a bun to scoff the lot :lol::lol::lol:

He's just FAT.
I've stopped a whole load of his veggies because he was eating too much and since then he's into everything trying to eat it all.
To be fair to him, it was almost pellet time, and according to the OH, the bowl only had a couple of small slices of pineapple and apple, one or two grapes and one strawberry as it was just to tick me over until dinner time, and I have now found the grapes under the sofa. But still.

Now he's eating bloody hay!
My god. My rabbit has Prader-Willi Syndrome.

Haha bet he was pleased with himself.
I'd keep an eye on him for a while ;)

Fortunately I am at home all of tonight and most of tomorrow morning to check he is OK, but we are going out for a couple of hours in the afternoon. I bet he'll be fine. When he lived with his old owners they just fed him whatever they liked willy-nilly and he didn't ever get an upset stomach.

If he weren't a rabbit he'd be a bloomin' gannet.

Fortunately I am at home all of tonight and most of tomorrow morning to check he is OK, but we are going out for a couple of hours in the afternoon. I bet he'll be fine. When he lived with his old owners they just fed him whatever they liked willy-nilly and he didn't ever get an upset stomach.

If he weren't a rabbit he'd be a bloomin' gannet.

:lol: that's good then!

I hope your OH made you a new fruit salad by the way!

:lol:

He'll probably be on a sugar high and flop later. You might get a bit of runny poo tomorrow but I think if you just keep him on hay and pellets for a day or two he'll be fine. :lol:

Back