• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

White wildies!?

Oompa-Loompa

Warren Veteran
Do they exist?!:shock:

Just saw 2 buns run across the road, a black one and a white one. There are a few wildies around, 2 of which reside in dads garden but I dunno, never seen a white one ever :? Do you think it could be a stray?

It is possible for wildies to be born albino, but they quickly get eaten as they are an easy target and stand out from the others. Same with black. They are both really rare though, and obviously they are alive, so I would say these are probably domestic buns you've seen.

One of the ones that live in my dad's garden is black, but then again I'm not 100% sure its wild. I think it is as it's quite skittish, but I dont want to risk catching it either way. It has also bonded with the other wildie, dad saw them grooming the other day :D :love: so even if its an escapee it seems happy there.

There are hardly any foxes around there anymore so they're relatively safe as well. But I'm worried about this little white one that I saw :( I was standing by the bus stop & saw them from a distance so there was no way I could've determined if it was wild or tried to catch it. I might go back tomorrow and have a look, scatter some food and poo to try and encourage them to come closer. There are a few rabbit owners in the neighbourhood so it could easily be a domestic one. Could technically even be Boris' sister who lives nearby. Although that may be a little far-fetched :p She also has brown markings, and this one appeared to be all white.

Black wildies are pretty common in my area. I see them regularly.

As everyone's said, albinos occur but don't usually survive very long as they have no camouflage.

when dad went to collect my sister dog from airport yesterday he told me guess what i saw a black wildie, i said they aren't unheard of though its first he seen

Yeah I'd never seen a black one either before Bambi (yes I named it :oops: His brown little companion is called Thumper! :oops: :lol:) showed up in our garden. I thought it was a domestic one at first, but now I do think it's probably wild. So beautiful as well :D I love watching them hop about & grazing :)

Back