• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Rabbits covering themselves in hay

Oompa-Loompa

Warren Veteran
What does it mean? Why would they do that?

None of mine are doing it but I walked into their room & couldnt see Boris at first as he was in the middle of the pile looking for the best bits I assume :lol: But it got me thinking because I'm sure I heard they sometimes cover themselves when feeling cold or unwell too?

Most of the time it's digging for fun or to find more of their favorite bits of hay. They could do it when poorly, but you would see other signs too.

:lol: Daisy likes doing that if there's a massive pile of hay, she burrows underneath it and pops up at the other side, it's really funny :lol: I think they're just playing! :wave:

Doughnut scatters all her hay around in her litter tray. She seems to poop and then cover it up with hay. I keep trying to put hay one end of the tray so she can poop the other end but it doesn't work!

:lol: I wish I'd brought my phone so I could've taken a picture, he looked hilarous! But then I remembered that some bunnies do it when poorly which scared me as he's a snuffle bun! But he seems fine now so I guess he was just being a little monkey :)

Minnie likes to cover herself in hay. She seems to do it just for fun or maybe she's searching for an extra tasty stalk of hay.

You can just see her in this pic under all the hay. :lol:

Minnie%2520in%2520hay.jpg

Here I am!

Minnie%2520in%2520hay%252001.jpg

Back