• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Had to bring all 4 little separate buns downstairs

purplebumble

Warren Veteran
Its been in the 30sC upstairs with window open so Dylan can't get out..daft moggy! Two fans in each room and ice pods. Phoebe was panting etc. so the other day i made up 4joined but divided little pens in the lounge. The buns are too hot to move anyway even on the cooler Lino floor with ice pods but better than poaching alive upstairs. They seemed to take to it really well. No little bunny scraps even through bars...there's even been some mutual washing and face cuddles through the dividers! Lily has been fantastic as she's so territorial and her and hunnybunnys do still scrap a bit when ones loose and ones caged. She took hunnybunnys under her wing and calmed her down etc. it was amazing! But after a few days I'm afraid lily is not well. Teeny poops not eating like she has been..omg not denta
Again surely? We've been giving her Zantac syrup,infacol syrup,meta am syrup and meta loperamide syrup. Tried her with excels version of fibre pled but she just spat it out. I'm going to bed now she's washed herself has moved around and had a drink and more meds. I will see how she is in the morning as she's pretty bright....and I've given her meds vet would have. I will syringe feed her as well as medicate and ring vets but in the meantime please send her some nomming and pooping vibes.
It could be the stress of being down here for days but it's not the first time we've had to do it and we had no probs with stasis etc with any of them.
I cannot move her upstairs...the heat will kill her. We've got fans on day n night in the lounge too for them..one on them and one on bluebel in the crate so it gets Baxter under the coffee table too.

I'm dreading going to bed.....vibes please xx

Sending tonnes of vibes. Last time I had to give fibreplex to Beatrix she held it in her mouth and as soon as I put her down she spat it out onto the rug! My trick was to hold her in my lap and feed a the fibreplex slowly little by little. Stopping between each little bit. This meant it forced her to swallow it all before I let her hop off. She was not impressed but it did the trick for her tummy. :D

What veggies does she have? Fresh greens cabbage turned out to be the culprit for Beatrix. Since cutting out all cabbage her tummy has been fine (touch wood).

((((((((((((((VIBES))))))))))))))))

I don't know where you are but we've been a bit cooler today, I hope this will help a bit!

Mega vibes. xxx

The chins are suffering too. Ice and fans don't help. They already ate through an ice pad that sent me into a complete panic yesterday, (Monday). Apparently the liquid gel is not toxic. :roll:

I need an air cooler or air conditioner. They are so expensive.

Hope you and Nikki are ok too.

My buns are barely nomming in our temps. Perhaps she is just more sensitive to the heat?
(((((((((((((Megavibes))))))))))))))))) on the way and we'll try to nudge a northern breeze to you as well. :)

Had to take buns upstairs following lily getting I'll. Thankfully it's is much cooler albeit it a bit sticky n warm.

I was stuck between a rock and a hard place and could have lost them all to heat exhaustion...that's what I thought....instead lily has become critically I'll because of the stress.

Its hard in this heat. I was imagining what it must be like to have a fur coat on permanently. No wonder they are moulting heavily. Fortunately my place is cool at the back, its the living room that gets stuffy.

Really hope Lily will be ok. Thinking of you.

Back