• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Howard's learning to roll over

RubyTed

Wise Old Thumper
I used the time when Hugo was napping (and I had the chance to) to teach Howard to roll over....!

He still needs the treat, but I'm sure in a few days we'll get him to command only! I'm impressed for a dog who wouldn't so much as roll onto his side for a treat before today.

He learns so quickly!

We've also been learning "crawl". Yes, I know they're both completely unnecessary but are fun! ;) He's completely and utterly cream-crackered from using his noggin and that's without a walk today.

I also gave his ears and paws a fur-cut as his ears were getting far too long for my liking and he lay still the entire time! :love:
(Yes, we were watching it's me or the dog in the background:oops:)

He's lovely! Very impressive.
I don't think they're pointless, it's good for then to learn lots of commands.

He's lovely! Very impressive.
I don't think they're pointless, it's good for then to learn lots of commands.

My theory is that using his brain to do anything is better than nothing. He's super sharp with sit, down, wait, leave it, come and retrieving (and is getting really good at combination and distance commands) so I can imagine they're getting a bit un-challenging, possibly a bit boring to him. (although we really need to work on them when he's with other dogs/excited.)

He's getting there with spinning around, crawling, "left paw"&"right paw", bow, "touch" an item and now roll over.
He loves to learn almost as much as he loves food.:lol:

Who knows....we could do doggy dancing together! :shock::lol::lol:

He is so gorgeous :love:

You are a meanie putting treats on his paws :shock: Bless him! Little sqooshy face :love:

:shock::shock: Stop it! *frowns & wags finger* I'll dog nap him! I will I will I will!!

;):lol:

I don't think your gorgeous house is Howard proof!! Did I mention the time he rolled in something dead.......then found ANOTHER something dead (possibly more dead than the first!) after it had been removed. I had to drive home with a stinky, stinky Pickle! :roll:

He makes me squeeeeee :love: I think it is brilliant that you are teaching him all these things :) my friend has just been with her puppy to puppy classes and they were teaching them how to shake on command .. maybe thats next on Howard's agenda :thumb: ... p.s please keep sharing he is utterly adorable x

Back