• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Our rescued rabbits have arrived!!!

Saj

Alpha Buck
Hello everyone

After much planning and anticipation, our rescued bunnies have finally arrived home! We were lucky in that they had only just come into the rescue when we saw them so they are healthy touching wood.

The first rabbit is male Dutch of a small size (or are they all like that?). We are going to call him Tommy as my childhood rabbit was called Timmy.

The 2nd is netherlands dwarf mainly white with silver markings. We are calling her Sylvia as she has beautiful silver colours in her coat!

We took them out of the carrier and put them into their prepared hutch with plenty of water and in the shade and are leaving them alone for a while to adjust, they looked scared. Tommy was shaking a little when he first went into his hutch but Sylvia looked a little more comfortable and even started sniffing around!!!

Test pic

If you look in the 'help using the forum' on the main page there is a sticky telling you how to post photos :wave:

The first rabbit is male Dutch of a small size (or are they all like that?). We are going to call him Tommy as my childhood rabbit was called Timmy.

He is so cute! Just like my Stephen :) :love: Stephen is 'small', just over 2kg (although he wasn't a few weeks ago - fattie), and Dutchies are normally classed as 'small' rabbits as far as I'm aware!

What a lovely pair :love:

Hi

yes, they are bonded completely. The rescue centre were fabulous, they did everything for them - all injections, checks, telling us every detail - all their habits and favourite food and timings. Am so glad we got them from there, honestly. and they have a happier life now - they had been abandoned.

Both rabbits are now coming towards us when we approach! Tommy the boy is a tad more apprehensive but the lady is in charge and acting like she's been here for months!

as I speak they are jumping around in their run which we have attached to the hutch but can seal off at night.:love:

the only thing about our new arrivals that has slightly bothered me is....

Peoples' reactions being so negative!

I excitedly told family and friends and got lectures back about "hard work" "vermin" "you'll learn the hard way"!! No one seemed that interested in the pictures I sent round.

I told my neighbour in case he decides to light fireworks etc, and he has 2 young boys, even he started going on about foxes and rats, without even asking their names etc..

glad I have this forum for support even though I dont know you guys

why are people so bah humbug and negative about 2 gorgeous innocent rabbits that we decided to rescue?:roll:

Back