• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Bunny Flops and Grunting!

Cari

Warren Veteran
Stephen is in a funny mood today, he's lying in his cage repeatedly flopping, rolling on his back then flipping himself the right way up, flopping, rolling on his back... Anyone would think he was happy! That or slightly deranged... :shock:

He's already dragged all of his hay out of his cage and has it littered all over the living room floor. I think the heat has made him go a bit soft in the head :p

I tried to video him but he stopped the minute I picked my phone up :p psychic rabbit....

Also.. this isn't Stephen (obviously :p) but the noise that this little bun makes is very similar to the noise Stephen makes when he flops and when he runs round and round in circles. Is it just a happy noise? I know lots of people have snuffly buns and I've never heard bunnies make noises before so I'm curious.

Ahaha, very unusual noises. Fiver honks at Xena when he's about to hump her and he used to follow me around honking before he got neutered.
Is Stephen neutered?

Is your bun too warm? My bunnies have been extra "floppy" since the warm weather. The only grunts I get from them now is when I have annoyed them, Fiver grunts/growls at me all the time because he's a right little ****! :lol:

Buns makes lots of different noises depending on the situation. Mine never grunt when excited but other bunnies do.

Awww :)
I've got 2 bunnies, neither of them make that sort of noise, but one of them does grunt.
Cassie Rabbit, grunts quite a lot, but she's bit of a madam (putting it politley). She grunts at her firend Gizmo when he's in her way, wants him to do something, or just generally in a mood.
She doesn't like being handled so grunts at me quite often! She's just discovered that biting me hurts too.....such a madam!
Gizmo, is more laid back and chilled out, and doesn't make a sound!

:shock: Never heard noises like that.

My old man Sunshine used to on occasion grunt if he was grumpy and wanted to be left alone.

Awww :)
I've got 2 bunnies, neither of them make that sort of noise, but one of them does grunt.
Cassie Rabbit, grunts quite a lot, but she's bit of a madam (putting it politley). She grunts at her firend Gizmo when he's in her way, wants him to do something, or just generally in a mood.
She doesn't like being handled so grunts at me quite often! She's just discovered that biting me hurts too.....such a madam!
Gizmo, is more laid back and chilled out, and doesn't make a sound!

Cassie.I like that!! Lovely name!!:wave:

Cassie.I like that!! Lovely name!!:wave:

It was short for Casserole, but te vets always calls her Casandra.
She was just "Cassie" when I first got her, but one of my friends called her Cassie Rabbit one day, and its just stuck!
The bunnie of many names!

Ahaha, very unusual noises. Fiver honks at Xena when he's about to hump her and he used to follow me around honking before he got neutered.
Is Stephen neutered?

Is your bun too warm? My bunnies have been extra "floppy" since the warm weather. The only grunts I get from them now is when I have annoyed them, Fiver grunts/growls at me all the time because he's a right little ****! :lol:

Buns makes lots of different noises depending on the situation. Mine never grunt when excited but other bunnies do.

He is neutered. :) at least I am assured he is by his previous owner and he's had several check ups at the vets and no one has corrected me when I've stated that he's been neutered! Not sure how I'd physically check though. :shock:

I think he is hot, but we've got all the windows and back door open, plenty of water, and I rubbed his ears with a wet flannel earlier to try and cool him down a little, don't know if it made any difference.

He normally seems to grunt when he's happy, like when he's running around me in circles when I sit on the floor, I've never heard a bunny make noises before at all!

Doughnut kept digging in her carrier and then flipping totally over and showing her tummy then digging again. Totally mad, never seen her do so many rolly pollies. She hasn't done it since, just one day of madness.

She's been spayed and never digs apart from in her carrier, I don't know why, it's like she's got a bee in her bonnet and is obsessed. I normally take it away as seems to be driving her mad. Not sure she is enjoying herself!!

Honking and running round in circles around you is normally hormonal behaviour, but sometimes it becomes habit, especially if bun was neutered late. My two will circle if I'm holding food, but dont honk as they are neutered. Barney only honks occasionally now, usuallly when he is running after Anna.

Thats a properly weird noise on that video though, like frog noises :? mine dont sound like that. When my two grunt they sound like little piggies, except when Anna is going for Barney, then she doesnt really sound like any other creature exactly, just a demented rabbit.

If he is hot, I'd give him an ice pad or a bottle of frozen water to lie next to.

Honking and running round in circles around you is normally hormonal behaviour, but sometimes it becomes habit, especially if bun was neutered late. My two will circle if I'm holding food, but dont honk as they are neutered. Barney only honks occasionally now, usuallly when he is running after Anna.

Thats a properly weird noise on that video though, like frog noises :? mine dont sound like that. When my two grunt they sound like little piggies, except when Anna is going for Barney, then she doesnt really sound like any other creature exactly, just a demented rabbit.

If he is hot, I'd give him an ice pad or a bottle of frozen water to lie next to.

I tried a water bottle and he wasn't interested, he's happier sitting on the stone fireplace. :roll:

I don't know how old he was when neutered but wouldn't have thought he was too old as he used to live with another boy? Who knows. Although that noise in the video is almost identical to Stephen's grunts.

If you have a look you will definitely know if he is neutered or not. :lol: If he it looks like he has "nothing" there then he is neutered.

I have 2 little noisy so and so's!

Bramble just grunts at everything in her way and if you pick her up you get a little grunt. She also makes a cute little noise when she starts nodding off on your knee.

Bluebell "squeaks" when she's excited, that's kinda cute :)

Back