• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Science recovery help please - urgent

*Bex*

Mama Doe
Please can someone tell me how much water to mix with the sachet? Polo is in stasis :( he's seen the vet and I am ok to feed him this.

I don't think it actually matters, just a paste. Make it at a consistency that you can get into him without it being a struggle to get out of the syringe.

Hope Polo is feeling better and eating soon.

Thank you, so worried as polo is never ever ill. He's had 3 x gut stimulant and painkillers and he's still not eating.

Thank you, so worried as polo is never ever ill. He's had 3 x gut stimulant and painkillers and he's still not eating.

How long since he had the medication? Does he look really miserable/in pain/ill or simply not eating?

He saw the vet at 5pm yesterday and had gut stimulant and antibiotic, went back as emergency last night and had gut stimulant again and a painkiller and back in this morning for more gut stimulant and I've been given metacam which he can have later.
He's also been given baytril and fibreplex.
He's just not eating. He seems pretty bright in himself although not quite as happy as usual. It came on throughout the day yesterday.

what jane says about has he had fluids, as when sox was poorly they gave him fluid injections everyday for 4days until he perked up and monitor his droppings

They haven't given fluids, I did ask and he said he didn't need them just yet? He's poo'd overnight and did a few in the last hour.
He's had a really good syringe feed and cleaned himself up afterwards and he now seems really lively. Too look at him he looks fine. Just found him eating some poo in the run?
His teeth have been checked and they look fine, although they will take him in tomorrow and have a look further under GA if he isn't eating still.

I have a box from 2009. The instructions say each sachet is 20g and should be mixed with 70ml of warm (not boiling) water

Back