• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

How to clean the patio?

Debster

Mama Doe
There is a corner of my patio that has been used as a toilet by the buns :roll: despite all the rain a few weeks ago it still smells and is covered in thick white stains. I'm wondering what the best way of cleaning it is? I'm wary of using bleach because it would be difficult to rinse off - there is nowhere for the water to drain.

If I can get it clean I'll put a large corner litter tray there to try and stop it happening again!

You could try boiled vinegar. Good for cleaning and getting rid of smells and also bunny safe :)

I tend to use neat vinegar and leave it to soak, scrub with a scrubbing brush like what you use for the washing up, and then scrape (with a paint scraper) and woosh it off with the power bit on the hose (well, prior to our hosepipe ban I did, now when I was to do it I shall be emptying a bucket).

We used to have a pressure washer but I'm not sure what happened to it :? I will give the vinegar a go, I did try that but to be honest I dont think I let it soak for long enough. Will try boiling it as well, see if that helps.

Thanks for the replies :D

I have cleaned outdoor areas with loads of cream cleanser as it really gets into the grime, then rinse off with a bit of soapy water. At least you know there is no danger with cream cleanser and washing up liquid. You can use a broom instead of a mop. Good luck.

Pressure washers are amazing for getting patios clean. We have a hosepipe ban here though, so we only got a small part of our concrete and patio clean before it kicked in - there is a really obvious boundary! :lol: I'd definitely try neat vinegar if there are white stains, as that's probably calcium build up.

Yep we have a hosepipe ban too! Poured vinegar on earlier but will have more time tomorrow to scrub it.

Thanks BYB, never thought of cream cleaner!

Yep we have a hosepipe ban too! Poured vinegar on earlier but will have more time tomorrow to scrub it.

Thanks BYB, never thought of cream cleaner!

My friends paid me to clean their flat as they were renting, to make sure they got their deposit back. The porch was white but stained, it was the only thing I could think of as they had moved eveything out. But found cream cleanser is good for most things.

Bleach can be too strong. Vinegar smells strongly and can be hard to get rid of. Let us know how it goes. Whatever you use.

Back