• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

rabbit savvy vet needed in bury st edmunds

From what I can work out, there aren't any, although I haven't studied them really closely.

We have an excellent vet in Ipswich, but that may be too far to travel, equally there is an excellent vet in Norwich, but that would be even further to travel.

I don't mind the travel but if the buns were poorly it probably wouldn't help them as its about 40 mins in car or an hour via public transport. could i ask their details anyway?

Sorry I hadnt seen this before, what side of bury? If you get Gavin at haughley/thurston vets he's good, not too trusting of the others although theyre fine for routine stuff. I have the details if you need. Ive used gavin for years he's great with the bunnies and piggles and dogs. Theres some lovely nurse/reception staff there too that are incredibly helpful.

I used Swayne and Partners when I was in Bury and use the Newmarket branch now.

They were extremely good there...especially when my bun was attacked by a dog and needed to be completely stitched together. I'm sure she's still there now.:)

Call and talk to them. :wave:

Hi, we're with Swayne at the moment in Bury. I had been happy but concerned as they prescribed the wrong medicine for my rabbits and of course that knocked my confidence.

I used Swayne and Partners when I was in Bury and use the Newmarket branch now.

They were extremely good there...especially when my bun was attacked by a dog and needed to be completely stitched together. I'm sure she's still there now.:)

Call and talk to them. :wave:

I spoke to a vet from there at the south suffolk show (most people I know use them for horses) and tbh, the vet scared me with how little she knew about rabbits and didnt even know what was going on with the combined vacc, so I steered well clear. Ive had mixed reviews from their service for horses too. Sometimes you get someone amazing, sometimes they just havent a clue.

I spoke to a vet from there at the south suffolk show (most people I know use them for horses) and tbh, the vet scared me with how little she knew about rabbits and didnt even know what was going on with the combined vacc, so I steered well clear. Ive had mixed reviews from their service for horses too. Sometimes you get someone amazing, sometimes they just havent a clue.

I hadn't even heard about a combined jab from them. Falon just had her Myxi last week and is due her VHD next week. We are on one myxi a year each and VHD every six months.

Hi, we're with Swayne at the moment in Bury. I had been happy but concerned as they prescribed the wrong medicine for my rabbits and of course that knocked my confidence.

Goodness, that's not good!! I completely agree, that'd shake my confidence majorly! I haven't been there, apart from with my mum's cats, for about 4 years so I suppose they've changed. Also we found that you have to ask for specific vets, otherwise the receptionists will just give you an appointment with whoever's free.

The Newmarket branch has always been wonderful for me since I've been with them with the buns and the dogs. It might be too far though!

My friend who's just finishing her penultimate year of training to be a vet. It's shocking how little they learn about rabbits unless they take specific training in exotics. I'd steer clear of ANY vet that hadn't trained to be an exotics vet!

Back