• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Randomly started throwing the litter trays...?

sierra*323

Mama Doe
Any thoughts on this please? Finx and Tango have been happily living in their hutch with 2 litter trays in an L shape at one end, and hay racks fixed above them, for months.

Now all of a sudden they have decided that the trays go in the middle of the hutch. I'm a bit worried that they'll keep going in the spot behind them and attract flies/wreck the wood. Why would they spontaneously decide to redecorate after all this time!!?? Infuriating :lol:

My Poppy has done this ever since we litter trained her. As soon as we clean her out she moves her tray to the middle but she still goes in it.

I have 3 bricks holding Donny and Lola's litter tray in.. But someone (LOLA!) has taken to digging at least half of the hay all over the place :roll: she will stop eventually but for nowi have more to clean up :roll::lol:

If it is spring fever I will keep my fingers crossed that they go back to their usual tidy selves soon! :lol:

Jenson does this all the time. He still "goes" in the same corner but moves some hay there first to keep his feet clean! Sometimes he moves it during the night but usually in the evening about the same time. I think it's normally when he wants to play so I sit on the floor with him :)
Good luck.

Back