• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Excessive Wood Gnawing?? u/d He's off colour :(

Gemmapookie

Wise Old Thumper
In the middle of the night Timmy started on a gnaw fest, and it continued aaaall night. He chewed the skirting boards, his bed (which is a wooden draw under the bed) and his wood roll. He'd stop for half an hour thdn start again. This is VERY unlike him, I usually dont hear a peep out of them until morning.

Im exhausted and wanted to throw him out of the window at points last night but now Im just worried as thus is such unusual behaviour. Any ideas??

He seems fine in himself in every other way. He is moulting alot though :wave:

Last edited:
I really hope he is just being a chewy bunny and has nothing wrong.
Fingers crossed x

I really hope he is just being a chewy bunny and has nothing wrong.
Fingers crossed x

Thankyou. Everybun is showing signs of spring fever at the moment so maybe thats part of it? :?
Hes also having a nice big run around now before I go to work incase he was bored.
I hope my little lads ok, but I also hope hes not a chewer after last night! Am going to buy some ear plugs today! :roll:

Yeah, Spring Fever!......Herbie is digging everything like mad! To be honest I quite like watching him, he rearranges his blankets all the time. Then he digs into this wee mat thing, he is like a bunny possessed!

Yeah, Spring Fever!......Herbie is digging everything like mad! To be honest I quite like watching him, he rearranges his blankets all the time. Then he digs into this wee mat thing, he is like a bunny possessed!
:lol::love:

Max is being a right little :censored: at the moment with spring fever. yesterday he randomly ran over to me from the other side of the room, grunting all the way, circled my feet and started batting me :shock::shock: Poor Charlotte is getting humped alot aswell, she just rolls her eyes at him :lol: And that little madam has started pooing in my shoes!! :shock::lol:

Pooing in the shoes is just a bit much - tut tut!!

Herbie boxes my legs :) He stands on his back legs and kinda punches into my legs....now it is ok when I have jeans on, but rather sore with my jammy bottoms!

Or, it could be a pre-cursor to some kind of illness, gastro intestinal possibly. He could be massively craving fibre, as he knows it might help his gut. Ginger ignores EVERYTHING other than hay and brambles when she's struggling with her gut (when drinking so much) as she knows what she needs to keep going.

Just remember Sky-O's thread - any sudden change in behaviour should be investigated as rabbits are creatures of habbit.

Yes, it could be spring fever or just something else random, just be cautious is all i'm saying.

Biscuit's just started being JCBiscuit again, which is out of character again, but happened at the same time last year. We've been to the vets and he has been given a clean bill of health and so its just Biscuit being Biscuit for now (unless he gets worse, in whcih case we'll go for deeper checks).

I was thinking the same as Graham. If it's out of character then I would be nipping to the vets for a health check. :)

Well turns out he was off colour. Hes been quiet all day, eating but not as much as usual and smaller poos than usual :( I popped in from work to see him a few times and offer him vhis favourite foods.
Called the vet, he said to give him a dose of Metacloperamide and call tommorrow if theres no improvement. Im only just in from work so have only just given it to him and am waiting for it to kick in.
DAMN the moult :evil: It seems to always upset atleast one of my buns, no matter how much I groom and pluck them :(
Vibes please for my angel xxxx

Sending tons of vibes for Timmy, I hate the moulting aswell :( it always affects Olly and Honey too. I hope he starts Nomming again soon xx

To anyone whos interested my sweet prince is MUCH better this morning. We had a quiet restful night, with no wood gnawing, and he ate his breakfast with gusto this morning :)
Amazing he just needed that shot of Metaclop to get things back on track :thumb:

Good to see he is on the road to recovery.

Moulting is tough on the bunnies and sometimes even tougher on us.:)

Back