• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

don't believe it - either ches or maisie is weeing blood

biscandmatt1

Wise Old Thumper
:( piggies were out in the run and i noticed some wee puddles and some had blood in and one was pure red. i don't know which of them it is. will have to try and find out. all happening lately.

Are you certain it's blood and not just coloured wee through eating coloured food?

If it is blood then I hope it's nothing serious.

are you see its blood??
For example when patches wee's in his litter tray he usually wee's on his poo so it makes the paper underneath it darkly coloured

:( hope it's nothing serious. I got a real fright when I thought mine were weeing blood but it turns out they just wee red, don't know why cos they never have carrot / other coloured foods, weird!

Hope you get it sorted soon

i can't think of anything they could have had to cause red colouring. ches had bladder issues in january and alot of blood in his urine then so i would assume it could be the same, although he seems perfectly fine, really happy actually and it's usually really obvious when he is ill.

i'm weighing them both in the morning so i will see if either have lost weight, then check the cage for any blood and take it from there. it has happened once before and i found some pinky wee which turned out to be a one off and not blood so fingers crossed it's nothing.

My rabbit snowy has just been to the vets as i was certain she was weeing blood ,had not had any food that normally cause red wee etc ,vet did urine sample and she was fine so hopefully your bun will be the same x

i weighed them both and both have kept a stable weight. they've been out in their run today and both were acting normally, running and popcorning.

i've seen them both wee and both have clear urine.

they both seem fine. i cleaned their cage aswell and there was no 'blood' there either.

i'm hoping it's one of those one off random things. but i will be weighing them both daily for a while and checking for blood everyday. but for now i have no idea what happened.

i weighed them both and both have kept a stable weight. they've been out in their run today and both were acting normally, running and popcorning.

i've seen them both wee and both have clear urine.

they both seem fine. i cleaned their cage aswell and there was no 'blood' there either.

i'm hoping it's one of those one off random things. but i will be weighing them both daily for a while and checking for blood everyday. but for now i have no idea what happened.

Glad to hear they're OK. I don't know anything about Guinea Pigs and was interested to see what a guinea pig "popcorning" looks like so I went on YouTube and found out! Absolutely gorgeous seeing some baby guinea's and their mum bouncing around :love::love::love:

piggies popcorning is amazing! :love: ches makes a 'wheeeee' noise as he does it! :lol: maisie does some and she also sprints round really fast! :lol:

both ok again today, nothing wrong, no blood. :? all a bit strange really :?

no 'blood' again today and both seem fine, weights fine. looking like it was just a random thing thanks goodness.

Back