• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Gone off pellets???

katiebob

Warren Scout
Hi all,

My boy is just back from boarding/bonding with his new wifey bun. Since he has been back he seems to have gone off his pellets (excel). He used to pounce on them but now ignores them. He is eating hay/grass and his veggies (except greens which he has also gone off) :?

He has just had a biopsy for a mass (will get results tomorrow) - could this be anything to do with it?
No change in anything else...

Thanks, Katie :wave:

it might do, try and tempt him with over foods to eat, is he in any pain? did vet give anything to give him? also did they check his teeth

Eating everything else and completely himself - dont see signs of any pain... :?

Teeth checked and fine. Lump was found in a health check rather than me taking him for that specifically.

Oh dear. Maybe all the poking and prodding, not to mention temporary new surroundings and the heat, have put him out of sorts for a bit. Providing he is eating lots of hay and drinking okay, I wouldn't worry; rabbits don't actually need pellets. Mine are eating less hay at the moment, but since I've cut down on their greens and teatime cereal handful (it's now a mere pinch) they're eating more hay.

It's due to start cooling down again over the next day or so and once he's back in his normal routine with you I expect normal service will resume :)

Will see how he goes when it cools down.

Both of them are spending huge amounts of time flopped out so hopefully it is just the heat.

The little ******. :roll: "mummy has abandoned me so Ill cause her a little stress as punishment!" ;)

Hettie went right off her pellets the other day, we were really scared she was going into stasis but then she was still eating hay and hopping around as normal...so we kept an eye and now she is back to normal - begging for them :lol:. I also think it may be the heat :wave:

I agree with the other comments, mine have been acting weirdly too in the hot weather. Hope it turns out to be nothing :thumb:

Hi, results are back - inconclusive :roll:

Could be nothing could be a tumour. Next option is to open him up and have a closer look.

Will monitor his eating/weight over the next week or so as he has lost a little but hoping that its just due to boarding/bonding stress and the weather.

Will keep you posted. Thanks all :D

Back