• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Anyone else struggle getting rabbits in from free ranging?

Nope, have no probe getting either of me in. One shake of the pellet tin and then run straight in their Wendy houses!

Mine never came for pellets I had so much trouble til I gave them fenugreek crunchies and now I've got no problem at all!

Ruthie xxx

I've just got in from giving up trying to get Bumble and Frangipan in their hutch :( They just don't want to go to bed. Molly and Dylan are no trouble - mostly because they tend to stay in their hutch - but I have no chance with the younger two. I tried bribing them with lemon grass but Frangipan jumped in the hutch, put in her mouth and ran out with it before I could shut the door - she is DEFINITELY a BARC bun!!

Will have to try later on and see if I have any success. I don't like leaving them out all night because of the risk of foxes.

:lol: Love it!

It's the same here! Anyone would think bunnies like their food ;) My two actually tell me when it's time to go inside now- they go and sit at the treat box :lol:

Mine know...I appear and say Come on.This call gets echoed by the parrot from the lounge window and in they go.......

:lol: Awwwwww! :love:

Mine go home to the sound of pellets too. Except Josie, she must have a final run around the garden :roll::lol:

Mine ADORE pelletts and gobble them up but the only thing that will bring them in from free ranging is fenugreek crunchies I must never run out!

Ruthie xxx

No, we just usher them towards the door and they go in :love: (they sometimes run off again for a last run round though :lol:)

Imogens a good girl she puts herself away, Sebastian likes to play chase (him running round the garden binkying with me following) for a couple of mins then he'll stop and let me pick him up :lol:

Yesterday I spent 20mins trying to get CarlyS's rabbits in :lol: Humphry went in the playhouse to eat (I left the door open) but I spent so long trying to catch Harriet that he'd eaten all the pellets and was down the other end of the garden! :shock: In the end I had to pick them both up, neither of them liked that :oops::lol:

Well I wish you lot would teach Storm & Mallow to go in their hutch. They learnt that the bribes, I mean food, will still be in the hutch if they run away and hide under the bed in my guest room and then reappear at time convenient for them :lol:

Back