• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

those wth quads...

elis-mum

Mama Doe
can i ask how you got a quad together?

did you have one or two then add to, or two pairs?

i have a MFF trio which is ok but the girls have never been very close. they live together but don't groom each other etc..
i recently fostered 2 buns but recently lost the female and i'm thinking of keeping the male but would need to add him to my group... would like to ask the rescue i'm fostering for to do it as he kind of offered a while ago and i have nowhere neutral to do it.

any opinions and help gratefully received! :)

I had B and C which was fine and then got D as their husbun. That was ok but C got left out so I got A. That didn’t really work as B and C bullied him and I separated him when he got sore hocks.

I then added F as he had been in rescue a year and noone wanted him. That has worked out well, they spend time as a quad they spend time with the boys in the shed and the girls outside and they spend time with B and D and C and F in separate places as couples

I had 2 pairs, then added another, then another, then another (well actually I didnt add them my fantastic friend did) :D

I had a mixed pair, and then I added two single does at different times. I put them in a 5x2 hutch to do the bonding and then if they look like they settle I clean out and vinegar the hutch they will be going in to.

I had a pair originally ( Bugsy & Chloe) Then had Poppy, and when Pebbles came along, I bonded him to Poppy. So I had two pairs...which I then bonded into a quad. Bugsy is definitely alpha male, but he does groom both girls and pebbles occasionally. Forming a quad can be a long slow process... it has taken 7 months, with only rare minor scuffles now.

I had Floppy and Millie, then Rum and Raisin arrived so I bonded the two couples. It is great watching them now and even the boys are grooming each other now which is lovely.:love::love::love:

thankyou all for your replies, both males are very chilled and quiet bunnies as is one of the girls... i just have the one female troublemaker i am slightly worried about. i am hoping with it being a male i'm trying to add she will be ok as she has always been great with buddy.

Aliduncan1, i bet it is lovely to see the boys grooming, that made me smile and ave me a little hope!:love:

I had Molly and Dylan and Bumble (almost blind) as a single. I then adopted Frangipan to bond with Bumble but took so long to do it he bonded himself to Molly and Dylan so I then added Frangipan to the mix.

They are in two separate hutches at night as I don't have one big enough for a four, but they all get on just fine and often all snuggle in one hutch during the day.

The bond worried me as I was doing it alone and Dylan is elderly and Bumble is almost blind, but it turned out to be an incredibly easy bond.

Back