• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Chew sticks and the likes..

missFloppyears

Warren Veteran
I have seen a few people Giving these Chew sticks to their bunnies as treats and wondered about them. i had always stayed clear due to the millet and other seeds in them and only ever stuck to the woodland range treats, but woodland have a treat 'log' with millet seed in the mix...

are seeds safe and i have avoided them all along?

I have seen a few people Giving these Chew sticks to their bunnies as treats and wondered about them. i had always stayed clear due to the millet and other seeds in them and only ever stuck to the woodland range treats, but woodland have a treat 'log' with millet seed in the mix...

are seeds safe and i have avoided them all along?

hi, not sure what sticks you are talking about. I use these ones which are grainless and don't use egg as a binding agent.

http://www.zooplus.co.uk/shop/small_pets/snacks_supplements/cracker_food_sticks/192935

There are a few other similar products in the range.

I would never give my rabbits anything with seed in it.

I would only give my rabbits wood based toys, such as willow baskets or willow balls.

The first three I wouldn't consider given they include gelatine, honey or corn. I would possibly think about the log roll but really, now I have the nice safe zooplus ones, I am a bit biases against these I'm afraid. They seem really over processed and there are a few ingredients I am reluctant to feed.

Glad i ruled them out then, i may consider the zooplus ones though.

Think i may start making my own range of bunny safe treats:lol:

I tend to just give Spenser apple/pear sticks and dried herbs for his treats. Oh, and fengreek crunchies of course. My friend's rabbit is fond of treat sticks, and despite the dodgy ingredients he seems to thrive - I just wouldn't buy them myself.

Back