• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

At last I am relieved and happy about something

Hugo's There

Wise Old Thumper
:D:D:D:D

Humph had a full MOT today and everything is OK considering his age (11 years ) he had bloods taken and his kidneys and liver are fine. They did indicate he may be a little dehydrated and his immune system is not functioning at its best but Juliet felt this was to be expected given that he is an old bunny in very hot weather.

So her official diagnosis is that he is old, nothing more. Such a shame there is nothing we can do to treat that! I can only begin to imagine how amazing it would have been to have known Humphrey as a youngster :love::love:

So for once I am very very relieved and very happy that we may still have some good quality time ahead of us as he is my absolute baby :love: For anyone who remembers them, he is like Super Timmy and Elwood rolled into one, so that tells you just how amazing he is :D:D

Not only does it give me some peace of mind it means we know we are able to carry on with humphs hormone injections/implant when it becomes due next week :D

Its nice to have a good positive day amongst all the stress :D Now I just have to get through tomorrow!

Hurrah :D well done Humphrey :thumb: Did you decide on rearguard or fly guard and did he manage to have some out time in the garden?

Hurrah :D well done Humphrey :thumb: Did you decide on rearguard or fly guard and did he manage to have some out time in the garden?

I didn't end up using anything! Unfortunately his poos got so runny that i was bathing him twice a day so it was pointless using anything ( this is why i was worried about his liver). I gave him fibreplex to see if it helped and now I am pleased to say he has been spotlessly clean since saturday morning :D So now nothing is needed.

I did pop him in the garden but it was a disaster. I put him on concrete as i didn't want him on grass with a bad tummy but his little feet are so delicate and he drags them a bit so managed to burst a hock and make it bleed. he was out there all last summer with no problems :? So from now on he will be staying indoors and be allowed to spend his day bouncing around on our nice soft bed like he usually does:lol: :love:

Well done Humphrey :D

I remember Timmy and his supertimmy coat and beautiful Elwood too, what special bunnies :love:

Back