• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

New bunny..

missFloppyears

Warren Veteran
After such a horrid role of luck as of late with my furbabies and with them finding me in such quick succsession, i have been able to grieve for them and get my head straight.
Im now finally excited about the prospect of Poppet having a Husbun!.

Although a few questions about the rescue process, when Poppet goes to Fatfluffs for her bonding what should i be doing to be sure my room is neutralised for her and Husbuns return?
she has a dog cage and lots of toys and 3 littertrays her foodbowl and water bowl is there something in particular i can use for cleaning these?
also the carpet will need a really good scrub... what can i use to scrub the WHOLE carpet?

And when they come back do i need to keep them confined or do i just introduce them to the room and allow them to explore?
:?:?

Is there anything else i should know or other little tips that you found useful?

While Donny and Lola were being bonded at FatFluffs I disinfected Don's hutch and litter tray and run a few times a day with the disinfectant and watered down vinager :) They were in a 4 x 2 x 2 hutch for 4 days, then I let them into Don's 6ft hutch and they stayed in that for the night but they were so well behaved they had the run in the day and I decided to just leave them and they are still fine :thumb:

FatFluffs are amazing :love: Don and Lola were bonded within days! :love:

I would keep them in a smaller space and slowly expand depending on their behaviour :D I loved going to FatFluffs because the group of bunnies that were in the garden were adorable :love: especially the fuzziest bun ever, George :love:

While Donny and Lola were being bonded at FatFluffs I disinfected Don's hutch and run a few times a day with the disinfectant and watered down vinager :) They were in a 4 x 2 x 2 hutch for 4 days, then I let them into Don's 6ft hutch and they stayed in that for the night but they were so well behaved they had the run in the day and I decided to just leave them and they are still fine :thumb:

FatFluffs are amazing :love: Don and Lola were bonded within days! :love:

I have all Faith in Fatfluffs........... its Poppet im worried about. nobody will believe what a highly strung Madam she is:lol::lol:
when it comes to disenfecting should i do the cage bars aswell?:oops:
im really hoping im over reacting, i just couldnt face handing back a bunny because poppet is a phsyco:lol::lol::lol:

I adore nosey hes there little trip hazard such an amazing group of bunnies there, :love::love:

I have all Faith in Fatfluffs........... its Poppet im worried about. nobody will believe what a highly strung Madam she is:lol::lol:
when it comes to disenfecting should i do the cage bars aswell?:oops:
im really hoping im over reacting, i just couldnt face handing back a bunny because poppet is a phsyco:lol::lol::lol:

I adore nosey hes there little trip hazard such an amazing group of bunnies there, :love::love:

:lol: I felt the same about Lola! She is her own woman sometimes :roll: Donny puts up with her bless him :lol: but you never know, she might find a husbun who she instantly bonds with :love:

I did, I sprayed everything thoroughly because I was worried about Lola. Donny is so placid nothing bothered him but I think if it was Lola who had that hutch/run to start with she may have got nasty. Take the cage outside and give it a good spray and scrub, then spray it again and leave it to dry (obviously if it's not raining :lol:) and then scrub it again :D I think over 2 days I cleaned the hutch and run about 10 times :lol:

:lol: I felt the same about Lola! She is her own woman sometimes :roll: Donny puts up with her bless him :lol: but you never know, she might find a husbun who she instantly bonds with :love:

I did, I sprayed everything thoroughly because I was worried about Lola. Donny is so placid nothing bothered him but I think if it was Lola who had that hutch/run to start with she may have got nasty. Take the cage outside and give it a good spray and scrub, then spray it again and leave it to dry (obviously if it's not raining :lol:) and then scrub it again :D I think over 2 days I cleaned the hutch and run about 10 times :lol:

Thanks hun, Lola sounds the same as Poppet.!(shes gorgeous is your lola!)
I plan to move the Cage while shes away anyway so shall just OTT clean it:lol::lol:

Back