• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Our old girl Daisy just died :(

vick

Alpha Buck
I know this has been on the cards for some time and it shouldn't be too much of a surprise but Daisy (who would have been 10 next week or thereabouts) has just died. I'm in shock. It is by some strange fortune that I have took the day of work today too so I was grateful that I was with her at the time.

I heard her stamping this morning, as she does now and again and went to check that she was ok. She looked a little spooked by something, so gave her a couple of treats which she took and seemed to calm down. About an hour later I went to prepare her food and as I was walking back upstairs to feed her I heard some commotion which made me panic that a fox had got in as the back doors and all the windows were open. When I went into her room I heard a strange noise and found her laying flat out on her side, taking slow, deep breaths. I grabbed the fan that we'd bought to keep her cool in the heat and pointed it onto her as I talked to her and stroked her until she went :cry: It was all over in less than a minute.

Can't believe she's gone. Such a special girl.

I'll write a tribute to her on Rainbow Bridge when I've got my thoughts together.

An awful shock for you... but a kind way for an animal to go - in surroundings and with someone she knew. RIP Daisy.

I am sorry for your loss.:(

It must be of some comfort that you were able to be with her as she left.

I'm so sorry :( It's good that you were there with her at the end and hopefully gave her some comfort. Binky free at the Bridge Daisy x

Binky free Daisy. Knowing the inevitable is going to happen, doesn't make it any easier to bear. My thoughts are with you x

I'm so very sorry :cry: any loss is hard, even when you know it's coming. Please take comfort in the fact that she left this world knowing that she was loved and felt safe with you Xxx

So sorry to hear of your loss. No matter how many we lose it never gets any easier does it?

Back