• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

In a panic, need to find bunny boarding in Notts or south of us for saturday please.

LainiT

Warren Scout
I posted earlier for advice on what to ask when we went to see the potential boarders earlier this aft...loads of advice and I'm just not happy at leaving them there...I don't think.
She has no experience of rabbits except the ones she had as a kid, I asked about my little fellas sticky bum, she was very willing to do whatever I said was needed but didn't offer any advice, wouldn't she need to be more rabbit savvy to have my two safely?
She walked us all round the farm, asking where I wanted to put them, very accommodating but one of the places was out in the open when she later said she's had ducks and chickens taken by foxes and her cats chase the wild baby rabbits that run around there!
Am I being too protective? I need to find somewhere mega quick we go away in 6 days. My friend would have had them but she's not had rabbits for years and now I have a sticky bum boy I need someone experienced.
Please any recommendations would be very gratefully received, in a mad panic now! We are travelling south so anywhere Notts and below I'm willing to travel, its gonna be hard with such short notice I know!
Help please please please. xx

I most definitely wouldn't leave any healthy rabbits of mine there from what you've said, let alone a slightly poorly one.

Sorry you're having trouble finding decent places :(

Hi we're between Mansfield and Worksop but willing to travel ANYWHERE to get our buns looked after well.

Very close to me then! I am in a village near Newark.

My buns always go to Holiday hutches in Barnsley but it is quite a drive.

Very close to me then! I am in a village near Newark.

My buns always go to Holiday hutches in Barnsley but it is quite a drive.

Eee my bruv lives in Newark:wave: Will have a look at Holiday Hutches too, clearly no time to check it out but if they have room and its good enough for an RU member its good enough for me!!

How far south are you going? Mrs Bunnykins on the forum runs a boarding place in Pershore which I can highly recommend! She's ten minutes off the M5. Depends if it's on your way and how well your buns travel I guess! :wave:

How far south are you going? Mrs Bunnykins on the forum runs a boarding place in Pershore which I can highly recommend! She's ten minutes off the M5. Depends if it's on your way and how well your buns travel I guess! :wave:

Haha Already know she's full...we had a chat on my last post. She was the one cleverly suggesting dropping off en route to give me more options...we're going to Dover so options a plenty, just need to find someone with room on a bank holiday weekend with this late notice. gulp

Haha Already know she's full...we had a chat on my last post. She was the one cleverly suggesting dropping off en route to give me more options...we're going to Dover so options a plenty, just need to find someone with room on a bank holiday weekend with this late notice. gulp

Eep!

I've used this place before too, they were very accommodating! She's a lovely woman and her family are all very animal friendly. At the time N&T were indoor bunnies so she had to put their cage in the kitchen - which she was more than happy to do :)

http://www.findpetboarding.com/rabbitboarding/profile/3632

Eee my bruv lives in Newark:wave: Will have a look at Holiday Hutches too, clearly no time to check it out but if they have room and its good enough for an RU member its good enough for me!!

Hutches are all 6 or 7ft. They don't have runs attached which I wasnt sure about but they get time in a run every day which is cleaned thoroughly between uses.

I use them because Lynn is brilliant with Snowdrop who has a tummy condition and needs lots of extra care. She is also really good with Mr B my cashmere who needs daily grooming.

Back