• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Urine clean up on bunny?

Carley

Warren Scout
Hello everyone. Please can you help me. I left my husband in charge of my bunny when I went away fur a night out. She is a house bunny with a converted dog crate as a base. I got home to a really horrid smell and to find my snowy white bunny with brown feet and her bed all wet and stinky. My husband only put hay in her litter tray with no care fresh. Anyway how should I clean up my bun? She hates water and is a really hairy lionhead? She is my first rabbit so all advice appreciated! Needless to say, my husband may be living in Matilda's crate from now on...

I would just dry it or wipe it gentley with a wet flannel. It might stain but that will grow out as she moults. Don't bath her unless absolutely necessary.

Thank you. Pretty much what I thought. Just know she will kick out as she hates having her paws messed with! Thanks for the reply.

I'd ask someone to hold her for you with her back to their chest, one hand under her bum, the other on her chest. :)

Back