• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

A very productive morning re-vamping Walk-in run

At 6 this morning:

001-1.jpg

002-1.jpg

slight rearrangement as I forgot I was putting in a dig pit!

004-1.jpg

and by mid-day bunnies in their new totally fox-proof run

009-2.jpg

007.jpg

That section is 9ft by 13ft with an 8ft x 6ft shed attached. I'm still working on the shed....lino down but I need to change the "cars" duvet to some proper curtains!! There is an extra 8ft x 3ft space down the side of the shed, but I haven't paved or turfed that yet, so it is fenced off for the time being. I've put mesh under the grass as Poppy is a digger and built herself a warren last summer!

Normally I'd let them free range in the garden, but now we have daytime foxes, they have to be confined to the run. The run also has a weld-mesh and corrugated plastic roof, with montana clematis growing through the mesh to give shade. Also extra shading net has been attached to roof. I'm not sure how long the grass will last, but it only cost me about £20

Hi there. That looks great. I have 2 rabbits idrntical to yours. Can you tell me what you have put up on the left? Is it mesh?

. Can you tell me what you have put up on the left? Is it mesh?

on the left is weld mesh , both on the inside and outside of the frame to form a double layer with about an inch in between the two layers. I've had piggies mauled by foxes through one layer of weld mesh. so now I always have a double layer. Fortunately there is concrete on the other side of the fences so, nothing can dig in.

It doesn't look so tidy now :lol::lol: My little one didn't thing they had enough toys in it, so he took all theie toys and scattered them around!

Just need to put my sun lounger in there, and I can relax with the buns. They look so much happier (they've been indoors pretty much since October when I bonded them together.)

Back