• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Now our only healthy rabbit is sick!/ UD p18

Hugo's There

Wise Old Thumper
Got up early this morning to check on them and get everything unlocked and opened, thank goodness. Found Spud-gun not eating. Tummy feels normal and he is pooing :?

had to wait for vets to open, once I phoned them they gave us an emergency appointment for 9.10. They are so good at fitting us in. Went back to put spuddy in the carrier and he was flat out breathing rapidly :( Not sure if its the heat but it was a lot cooler last night :?

He is the only young, healthy bunny we have here so really hope he is going to be ok :(

Last edited:
Oh no, this is so not what you guys need right now :-( sending lots of vibes to Spud-gun and thinking of you xxxc

Juliet doesn't know whats wrong. He isn't dehydrated or have a high temp :? He has had the usual meds and I have more here to give him. Obviously if he gets worse he will go straight back as they are open until 3pm.

At the moment he is flopped out in his castle and i have cover the run with towels :(

Heather is also looking really poorly so keeping a close eye on her too. She saw the vet yesterday and is booked in for tests and a dental tuesday ( along with Herman ) :(

(((((((((((((((((((((((((Healing vibes at maximum)))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))
Alright...I'm putting my foot down. No more unwell bunnies. Everybunny WILL feel better. I insist! *wags finger*
I'm not trying to be flip, I'd just like to see you guys catch a break. You deserve happier times with your furbabies. *nods*
Mimzy doesn't tolerate either temperature or humidity/pressure changes well, so he doesn't need to get overly warm to do the flat/limp bunny routine and I usually have to keep a plastic bottle of frozen water in his pen at all times. Hopefully if Spud can stay cool he will feel more like himself.
(((((((((Big hugs))))))))))))) for you. You must be beyond exhausted. You'll all be in my prayers.

Oh goodness, poor Spud-gun. Sending lots of vibes for him. Have also been thinking of Heather and Herman.

Spuddy symptoms sound similar to how Spenser was on Thursday morning, and he made a very quick recovery so hope your fellow will be the same.

How is he doing Liz?

Thanks everyone, he seems OK the little monkey :roll: Not sure what caused it, if it was the heat then he was happy to be out in the sun this afternoon rather than all the shade provided! He has never had an episode before so think they must have been conspiring in the shed over night to see what they can do to stress me out just that little bit more :lol::lol:

heather is more of a concern but not much else we can do for her until she is admitted Tuesday :(

Suspect it might be the heat Liz :? Something you can try - run a small desktop electric fan outside (we just used an extension lead from the house and made sure Poppy and Nino were in their outdoor run so no cables to chew!) and position it on the lawn blowing over wherever heat stroke bunny is lying down/resting - so for spud gun where he was flopped in his castle. Nino always struggled with the heat which is wierd as he was so tiny and short haired :? Big furry Poppy monster copes really well :roll: and having a fan blow over him outside worked wonders on a very hot day. Yes i'm sure the neighbours thought we were odd having an electric fan outside blowing over our rabbit but hey! :lol:

I do think bunnies consipre sometimes, little rascals.

Keeping up vibes for Heather. She's a lovely bun, and I know Lily depends on her friend. xxx

I do think bunnies consipre sometimes, little rascals.

Keeping up vibes for Heather. She's a lovely bun, and I know Lily depends on her friend. xxx

Thank you all. Spuddy seems fine today and it is actually hotter!

Heather and Herman are both having dentals on tuesday and heather is having a blood tests as I am concerned about her kidney function. She is also still battling her mouth abscess, this has been on going for the past month. It is only a month since her last dental too. At her age and condition another one so soon is really not great.

Herman is also a major worry due to all his problems. TBH I am surprised ( in a very good way) that he is still with us now as I really didn't expect it. Because he is having a GA his diazepam will stop tonight so we will see how he copes firstly without the diazepam for 48 hours and secondly with a GA with his neurological problems and having had diazepam for the past 4 weeks :? He also hasn't regained any of the weight that he lost when we was too manic to eat despite eating like a horse now so that is a major worry too. He is 400g down on his best weight :(

On top of that both are at least 9 years old, so plenty to stress about.

First thing tomorrow Humphrey is going for a full check up. he has been suffering badly with runny poo this week so i am concerned about his liver but hoping it is just more issues with his ceacum. He is the love of my life and the only thing keeping me going right now so I will be completely devastated if we get bad news :cry:

Back