• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

carefresh bedding

Bunsterz

Warren Scout
I currently use wood shavings in my hutches and put all the waste out as garden waste and its taken away no problem, i would like to use carefresh bedding and wondered if i could dispose of it the same way? Also does it matter if they eat it as 2 of mine (Amber and Cogsworth) will try anything lol

I use care fresh at the minute for my indoor bunny and find it ok I use hay for my outdoor bunnys a lot of people use megazorb, some more people will give you ideas instead of shavings :D

Carefresh makes excellent compost if you have a compost maker or heap. I have been known to sneak some into the green waste but the dustbin men are very strict here!:D
Not sure about them eating it- think it's made from paper so would not be great.

Thanks, what i may do is get a small bag od carefresh and try it in their litter trays first? They have a hutch full of hay topped up whenever they need it but just wanted something else to protect their hocks while they are in the hutches which to be honest isnt that long, usually just overnight then they are out all day :)

Good idea! I keep hoping there will be a cheaper alternative to carefresh but it is good stuff. If they are using litter trays, could you try old carpet in the hutch floor? My house buns have carpet but luckily they don't chew, although if they soil it then the whole lot is wasted.

I used to use care fresh but I have recently switched to smartbedz and now I have a LOT less waste. Carefresh is hard to separate the soiled from the clean, especially as my buns used to dig in it. Now I use disintegrating pellets and I only produce one bin bag a week whereas before I was having to change it every other day or two. Also, the smell isn't great when you are cleaning.

It's OK but I think there's better products out there.

Back