• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

OMG - Best picture EVER (BARC bun Pascal)

Tinsel

Wise Old Thumper
Pascal came here via BARC after being bullied by unneutered hutchmates to the extent that he had to be operated on to have an abscess removed. I was worried that he'd never be able to relax as he seemed very skittish at first, but he has made friends....

Parsley_1.jpg

....and today I was able to photograph the best image of him EVER, looking totally relaxed in the first bunny flop I've ever seen him do.....

Zzzzzzz...wot's dat camera fing?

Parsleyrelaxing2.jpg

Oh well, time for more zzzzzzz

Parsleyrelaxing.jpg

And this is where he felt secure enough to sleep! (He's the long pale blob in front of the fence)

Parsleyrelaxing3.jpg

:love::love::love:

Yayyyyy what a fantastic picture your bunnys look so relaxed and free in your awesome garden I love looking at your pics and bunnys :love::love::love:

What a sweetie :love: Hasn't he got a lovely big garden to play in! I can't believe how relaxed he is out there in the open and with his friends :)

Oh what a wonderful picture, must have been such a lovely thing to see ,lucky bunny to have come to your garden to live :)

How does he manage to feel safe with all that (gulp) open air overhead? :shock:
Love the pix though. :love: What a handsome chap he is!

I so wish I could let my buns loose in my garden but I would never be able to catch them:(

Do you not worry about foxes? It looks so open (and lovely for a bunny to binky).

Thank you everyone! :wave:

The buns here are exceptionally lucky, and that's why my most recent four acquisitions have not just been rescued buns but have been rescues with a particularly sad past.

We are potentially vulnerable to foxes, and it is a constant concern, but so far, touch wood, there have been no "visitors". When it was snowy I looked around the parameters of the garden each morning but none of the adjacent fields had fox tracks. In the end I suppose the buns are getting quality of life, and because some of them have already had four years of living like this, there's a sense in which they've already had a lot of enjoyment and happiness, although obviously I take precautions, like locking them in the shed or their hutch at night (there are a few hard core buns who refuse this though).

The buns mainly stay at the edges of the garden in hot weather, hence the garden looks a bit bun-empty in the photo, all except for Pascal who decided to take advantage of the peace and quiet to sun bathe! :love:

Your buns have a fantastic life. I would love to be able to give mine so much space but even if they had the whole garden it is nowhere near as big as yours.

Pascal has certainly landed on his paws:love:

Your buns have a fantastic life. I would love to be able to give mine so much space but even if they had the whole garden it is nowhere near as big as yours.

Pascal has certainly landed on his paws:love:

Thank you. They are very lucky but I've tried to ensure recent additions have been the buns from the very worst backgrounds, eg I have Falcon, who was one of the oldest bird bunnies :love:

May_12_Falcon.jpg

Picture1722.jpg
(Merlin, a honeybunny we've had 3 + years is in foreground)

:love::love::love:

Back