• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

My vets not pleased with emergency vets. Not allowing the buns stay together.

Barn Yard Bunnies

Staff member
As some of you may remember it has been nearly 2 months since Mr Bennett was very unwell. To cut a long story short Mr Bennett had to see the emergency vet and our vets twice, within a week.

I had to phone our vets today about finally making the insurance claim. They didn't know Mr Bennett had been at the emergency vets for another 3 days.

They also didn't know that when Cutie-pie was ill a few months beforehand the emergency vets insisted on me taking Mr Bennett home. Then when he was ill the same thing. Hence the bond broke.

Makes me happy that my vets is accessible 24/7, there are always staff on site, I get to miss out on all this horror stories about emergency vets

the thing is they provide a service we pay for..so if they say take the bonded partner home..you say NO..same as if they do or say anything you are not happy with or don't understand..ask them
When people put on a doctor or vets badge..it sometimes makes their clients, patients, etc..feel a bit "in awe" of them. They are just people who have trained..all to differing standards, to do a job..if you are not satisfied complain.

Our vets sadly stopped doing their out of hours service and it is now a different vets you have to ring..as a result I would be very hesitant to ring them :cry:

The main reason I am with my present vet is because he is a one man practice and does his own out of hours service. He isn't that bunny savvy but is willing to contact colleagues for advice.

I took Berry and Cherry when Apple had to stay in for the reconstructive surgery on her eyelid - and got a strange look from the receptionist but the vet knows my views on separating bonded buns and put them all in together:D

Back