• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Introducing.......

catherine09

Mama Doe
A new arrival at the Page household!

Little Treacle is an ex breeding sow that I picked up today, she is two years old and just :love:

Mustn't get too attached to her (which is why her name is staying Treacle for the time being) until she is bonded with the trio......as I have an arrangement where she is here on a trial here as she can be bossy with other sows, and if it doesn't work out she will be going back and found a different retirement home.

She has been very quiet today, and has had a long sleep in the fleecy bed (probably the first time her feet have ever touched fleece, she was bed on woodshavings :() and has come out for a nibble of grass and a bit of hawthorn stick. No hay eating yet but fingers crossed. No sound out of her either, I think she is being deafened by the trio at the moment who are demanding their veggies as I type this!!!

Anyway - pics!
IMG_0623.jpg

IMG_0629.jpg

IMG_0626.jpg

Her quarantine cage (proud of how space efficient I have managed to be here!)
IMG_0624.jpg

Awww she's gorgeous hope it worksout :love:

PS Thankyou for giving me the link for the runaround I rang them an ordered one the sizei needed :D

Couple more pics I took today. I put her in the trio's cage while they were out in the run to get them used to each other's smells before I attempt bonding. She started tooth chattering as a reaction to the other's smells, so not very promising start :(

IMG_0634.jpg

IMG_0638.jpg

IMG_0645.jpg

Back