• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Jack the goat.

halfpenny

Wise Old Thumper
It is with a heavy heart I must tell you we had Jack put to sleep this afternoon.
Although we fought for 6 months against a hoof abscess and his arthritis, I always knew he was ready to fight on and fought along with him. He was always interested, bright, happy and hungry as soon as we got his pain under control. Over the last few days he has withdrawn into himself, showing no interest in his surroundings and having no great interest in food. We could no longer control his pain and I felt he was tired. We decided to respect his wishes and let him go- there was nothing more we could try.
Thank you to those who have followed Jack over the last few years and shown love and support towards him. He was a special creature who influenced a lot of people's perceptions of goats and large animals in general. We will miss our cheeky, spirited, amazing and gentle old man.

Goodbye my Jackie Boy!

you have loved jack the goat, and allowed us to share in his life, too. thank you. i'm so sorry that you are hurting but i'm glad that you are there for your animals. you are very special, and jack was special, too. rest in peace, jack.

Thank you everybody who has responded.

We have lost many lovely friends doing this but losing Jack has really affected us badly.
I still can't talk about him without crying and we both are still thinking about having to check on him, feed him or just give him a scratch, Mike got up in the middle of Friday night and Saturday night, only to realise Jack was gone after he was stood in his empty room.
This will take a long time to get over.

Back