• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

petplanet say ice pods have been discontinued!!

purplebumble

Warren Veteran
omg is it true:shock::(

ive just emailed scratch and newton as i still can see them on hay experts site and pets at home!!

in fact i was going to buy some more..i found four the other day...now have just two from my kitchen and 2 brand new ones of hunnybunnys my mum had bought.

This is where having house rabbits is awful...especially upstairs...the heat is unbearable even with 2 fans in the room.:(

looks like i will have to throw all or food away and fill our freezer compartment with bottles of frozen water like we did before ice pods came along....

has anyone else heard of them being discontinued? i must admit seeing as pets at home only sell them online now or so they say...it does make me wonder. shame cos they had a 3 for 2 offer on..yup out of stock for home delivery. in this heat not surprising!

I bought one this morning from pets at home... although it was shoved under a load of other stuff and covered in dust, so not sure if that was just the last of their stock or they just didn't put them out very well :S They had quite a few there though!

I've just bought one from Pets at Home and there were several left on the shelf so it may just be that particular shop that's stopped?

Must just be pp. but how come pah website said you could only order them online and now say shop only? Perhaps they hadn't bought up their quota and have now. Some shops may have had old stock in the back.
Sorry folks I just wanted to know if anyone else had problems and if they'd been discontinued..so great full you all have contributed. Romy I wonder if direct order works out cheaper and faster? I have to get delivered...
Let me know how fast others deliver.

I can't freeze enough pods and frozen water bottles....:(

Ive just bought one at my local p@h, they had them in with all their rabbits but I didnt know what they were, I had to ask, what a fab idea, they had about half a dozen left and only pink, dont know if they do other colours.

Once i knew what they were i have to say i was pleased they were using them, although i suppose they could have been the same ones there all day, dont know how long they stay frozen.

Ive just bought one at my local p@h, they had them in with all their rabbits but I didnt know what they were, I had to ask, what a fab idea, they had about half a dozen left and only pink, dont know if they do other colours.

Once i knew what they were i have to say i was pleased they were using them, although i suppose they could have been the same ones there all day, dont know how long they stay frozen.

Seems quite a while, maybe not all day but certainly 4-6 hours I think. I tend to leave mine in the freezer up until midday and then leave them in for the rest of the afternoon so they have them for the hottest period x

It wouldn't really be too bad if they did. A plastic bottle filled with water and frozen works just as well!

Not with giants who find it fun to destroy anything and everything in their path. They were quite upset when they realised they could only scratch and bite at the icepod but soon got bored and now actually lie on it. Hattie had just her bum on it the other day, for hours :lol:

No frozen bottle doesn't work for our naughty bunnies either they destroyed that that's why I went out to get an ice pod made especially for naughty bunnies!

Ruthie xxx

I ordered 3 direct from S&N website. They were £5.99 each plus £3.99 postage. They were sent by courier which arrived yesterday. Unfortunately they only sent one by mistake, but I called them and they are sending the other two asap.

I already had 2 (but can't find the second one). They are a new design. This new one is more flourescent pink that you see through slightly. It also has a little clear button on the back. Not sure what for. Maybe replacing water? No idea. No instructions about it that I could see.

Def worth ordering from them, Debbie. xxx

Ooh thanks for that Romy...I was waiting to see how you got on before I ordered more;):thumb:

I will be ordering to tomorrow:thumb:

Back